Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese deny sun bears humans in costume
Interesting feet they have...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/j...s-costumes

https://www.google.com/search?q=Chinese+...KLDaZkl638
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Im pretty sure its not the first time they have been caught doing this!
(03-08-2023, 01:45 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Im pretty sure its not the first time they have been caught doing this!

Yep, I think this happened once before.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Caught doing what? Even the most basic googling would show you that it is a genuine sun bear and they just happen to look rather a bit like a person in a bear suit.
it was the straight legs and all the wrinkled skin on the back that made me think it could be a costume, but as soon as it dropped to all fours and walked off it went back to being very much a real bear for me, i don't think a human in a suit can do the back leg movements that naturally
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(04-08-2023, 09:15 AM)king1 Wrote: it was the straight legs and all the wrinkled skin on the back that made me think it could be a costume, but as soon as it dropped to all fours and walked off it went back to being very much a real bear for me, i don't think a human in a suit can do the back leg movements that naturally

I was wondering the same when I saw the video, although the mouth looked a bit unnatural, almost as if the mouth wasn't moving.
It probably is real,  but did look like a human standing up inside a baggy costume.
When I was working in Brunei about 40 years ago we rescued a Sun Bear cub we found in an area of fallen jungle. We grew rapidly on a diet of milk enriched with egg yolks and honey but outlived its welcome after escaping its pen and shredding a client's car interior. Soon after it found greater freedom before being captured by the Police and we had to visit 'Ted' in the local cells.

The news got out as a result and as Honey Bears aren't allowed to be kept as pets Singapore Airlines fronted up and Ted went to live out his days in Singapore zoo.

Ted was about the size of a corgi by the time he was arrested but even before then he had impressive claws and very muscular neck and shoulders. They are designed to tear into bees' nests in tree trunks so no surprise in that but their ability to rear up as the one in the video is also typical of the breed which helps in their climbing ability.