Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ukraine using drones to evacuate wounded
Pretty awesome use for a drone, ukraine have been pretty resourceful when it comes to drones.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukraine-...ort-2023-8
Wouldn't there be some danger of them being shot down though - not that I know much about drones.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(12-08-2023, 11:09 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Wouldn't there be some danger of them being shot down though - not that I know much about drones.

As it turns out, its not actually a "flying" drone, but more a remote controlled vehicle that has a hook attached and can grab on to things, i.e people.
I saw a video of it in operation the other day dragging a person away from the front.
(17-08-2023, 10:35 AM)nzoomed Wrote:
(12-08-2023, 11:09 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: Wouldn't there be some danger of them being shot down though - not that I know much about drones.

As it turns out, its not actually a "flying" drone, but more a remote controlled vehicle that has a hook attached and can grab on to things, i.e people.
I saw a video of it in operation the other day dragging a person away from the front.

That makes more sense; I was picturing a flying drone.  Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Maybe it could drag Russian soldiers back home... Return to Sender, Address Unknown...
(17-08-2023, 11:26 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Maybe it could drag Russian soldiers back home... Return to Sender, Address Unknown...

That would be a worthwhile enterprise! I'm sure some little whizz kid developer could manage to invent somerthing innocent looking which could rock up to individual Russian soldiers, secure them carefully, & return them to home & hopefully, sanity.

Starting with Putin... Rolleyes Big Grin