Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winston is scraping the barrel for candidates
Or possibly he's finally flipped.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...ouldbe-mps
Watching The Nation yesterday I wasn't impressed by the ACT one either.

Just as well I am a loyal Green. Makes choosing very easy.
I think it's just Winnie trying to be clever - gathering votes from the idiots by making it look like he supports them. That candidate is not going to be successful in the BoP electorate, and on the party list I'm sure she will be far enough down to not get in the way.
(13-08-2023, 08:22 AM)Olive Wrote: Or possibly he's finally flipped.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...ouldbe-mps

So...the Knights Templar, AND the Nazis AND the Swiss govt were all undertaken by the  'New World Order" according to one Winston possible supporter.

Why yes,nothing odd about that at all, makes perfect sense. Rolleyes

When the state of our health system is considered.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Winston is polling close to 6% currently and he will likely return to govt.
I may end up giving him my vote, or else I would have gone with ACT.
I know Seymour is not happy about it either, but if we want a change of govt and they are in a situation where they need winston, then they have no option but to work together.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
As someone so eloquently tweeted "We need an anti-vaxxer kingmaker like we need a dose of the clap".
The problem though is he cannot be trusted. He promises to support policies in order to come into power on coattails and then turns on his partners in order to take over. Which is why most political partners are very reluctant to gave anything to do with him. Pity the voting public don't feel the same about the entertaining old rogue.
You'd think that, in view of his past behaviour when working with political partners, most voters would be far more wary of voting for him. Perhaps this time round, some of those he's allegedly open to partnering with might just be enough to put people off voting for him.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(13-08-2023, 10:58 PM)harm_less Wrote: As someone so eloquently tweeted "We need an anti-vaxxer kingmaker like we need a dose of the clap".

Hes not antivax, he had the jab himself, he openly said so publicly.
He also wants to conduct a commission of inquiry into the covid response and the mandates, etc.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(15-08-2023, 10:15 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(13-08-2023, 10:58 PM)harm_less Wrote: As someone so eloquently tweeted "We need an anti-vaxxer kingmaker like we need a dose of the clap".

Hes not antivax, he had the jab himself, he openly said so publicly.
He also wants to conduct a commission of inquiry into the covid response and the mandates, etc.

the problem is the influence of those with whom he has surrounded himself...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(15-08-2023, 10:48 AM)king1 Wrote:
(15-08-2023, 10:15 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Hes not antivax, he had the jab himself, he openly said so publicly.

the problem is the influence of those with whom he has surrounded himself...
Very much a case of judging a man by his friends, and his enemies, in Winston's case of late. If you lie down with dogs, ...