Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery swapping electric scooters
Which may greatly reduce emissions particularly across Asia, where they're very popular. 20 million oin Thailand, 14 million in Taiwan, 45 million in Vietnam & 80 million in Indonesia.

What a good idea, hope it works well & perhaps cars, buses etc.could one day  also benefot.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-66470327
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Battery swapping is a no brainer for all electric vehicles - but the manufacturers won't want a universal system, they want you to have their system. Apple anyone ?
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Battery swapping for cars has been trialled by Tesla and more recently Nio. https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-t...023-03-28/

The advantage of a faster 'fill up' method than charging the battery in vehicle is appealing but has some complications including safety, logistics and battery ownership/leasing implications. The system is being used successfully in the trucking industry in New Zealand already:

Just make them cheaper. My last two cost me $900...
(13-08-2023, 05:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Just make them cheaper. My last two cost me $900...

Wow, I've been meaning to ask you about your battery repower.  Scary  Confused Confused
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(13-08-2023, 05:29 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Just make them cheaper. My last two cost me $900...

Bloody hell! Surely some handy Kiwi bloke could make a homegrown version with a bit if Kiwi ingenuity & a bit of number 8 wire.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(13-08-2023, 07:16 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:

Bloody hell! Surely some handy Kiwi bloke could make a homegrown version with a bit if Kiwi ingenuity & a bit of number 8 wire.
The problem is that from that approach fires happen with Li Ion batteries Sad
(13-08-2023, 07:18 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(13-08-2023, 07:16 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Bloody hell! Surely some handy Kiwi bloke could make a homegrown version with a bit if Kiwi ingenuity & a bit of number 8 wire.
The problem is that from that approach fires happen with Li Ion batteries Sad

Well then there's nothing else for it - all those using those scooters will have to get themselves a rescue dog, of the very strong variety & a harness with which to connect said strong dog to scooter.
Dog in need gets a new home & employment, humans get transport & a companion; win win. Big Grin

Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin