Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump indicted
He's charged with atempting to overturn his election result in Georgia in 2020.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66505804

[b]"Former US President Donald Trump has been charged with attempting to overturn his 2020 election loss in the state of Georgia.[/b]
He and 18 others have been indicted on counts that include racketeering in a 41-count indictment issued by a Fulton County grand jury.
The indictment marks the fourth time Mr Trump has been criminally charged this year.
He has denied the accusations in all cases.
Mr Trump, currently the frontrunner in the Republican Party's race to pick its next candidate for the White House, said the investigation by Ms Willis, a Democrat, was politically motivated.
In a statement, the Trump campaign described the district attorney as a "rabid partisan" who had filed "these bogus indictments" to interfere with the 2024 presidential race and "damage the dominant Trump campaign".
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
What a lovely thing he is! Notice the word "thing", not "man".
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
I say get the popcorn ready for the US elections!
The bit I find really hard to comprehend is the way any of this, even if it sticks, cannot stop this person from assuming the highest office in the land.

You'd think a superpower that prides itself on being the world's policeman, the leader of the free world, and the greatest nation on the planet, would have better rules.
(15-08-2023, 04:45 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The bit I find really hard to comprehend is the way any of this, even if it sticks, cannot stop this person from assuming the highest office in the land.

You'd think a superpower that prides itself on being the world's policeman, the leader of the free world, and the greatest nation on the planet, would have better rules.

Yep, that's what I find impossible to comprehend - they clearly never thought they'd ever be in this situation, where a damn fool convicted of anything can still run for President.

And would be thick skinned enough to do so. Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(15-08-2023, 04:45 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The bit I find really hard to comprehend is the way any of this, even if it sticks, cannot stop this person from assuming the highest office in the land.

Your correct, even if he is charged, it doesnt affect his presidency should he ever win the election.
I have no idea how that works.
(15-08-2023, 07:23 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:

Yep, that's what I find impossible to comprehend - they clearly never thought they'd ever be in this situation, where a damn fool convicted of anything can still run for President.

The thought that I keep having is if Trump is very intelligent or extremely stupid. If the former he does a good job of portraying the latter.
(15-08-2023, 08:53 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(15-08-2023, 07:23 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Yep, that's what I find impossible to comprehend - they clearly never thought they'd ever be in this situation, where a damn fool convicted of anything can still run for President.

The thought that I keep having is if Trump is very intelligent or extremely stupid. If the former he does a good job of portraying the latter.

His supporters do an even more convincing impression of the terminally bewildered, and the nation was somewhat earlier searching for muddled masses.  If it was muddled they sought, I believe their aim was true. (or was it huddled?)
When it comes to "thick" it's more than skin deep.
     Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
The don't appear bewildered though. They are so convinced of their own reality, they should be automatic members of the Flat Earth Society.
(15-08-2023, 08:53 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(15-08-2023, 07:23 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Yep, that's what I find impossible to comprehend - they clearly never thought they'd ever be in this situation, where a damn fool convicted of anything can still run for President.

He definitely does that, for sure.  Rolleyes Big Grin
According to reports the indictments are just fuelling his supporters further, so might be better to just leave things be for a bit until after the election.
https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/m...-rcna97568
I doubt anything will make much difference to them ;they seem to have a 'Trump,right or wrong' mindset. Quite fanatic which is slightly worrying.
There is no doubt that some people will support Trump no matter what, however there also are plenty of people (including on this forum) that will oppose him no matter what, and happily stretch the truth/overlook glaring flaws in the alternatives to do so. And blind opposition is no less fanatical than blind support.
My brother-in-law's wife is a MAGA pussy grab wanabee. Crazy as! They came out just before Covid and she rabbited on non-stop about how wonderful Trump was. So, after they left to go back to the US, I started looking at the situation then collecting videos from the media about him good and bad. Soon ran shy on good though. I collected around 250 videos, 50 for and 200 against. Thats just what you do when you're old, someone pisses you off, a bit pig headed with not a lot to do. Smile

They came back early this year, strangely, not a word was said about him. Bugger, no reason to show them Trumps dirty movies. Sad I think she may have seen the light?
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Let's hope she's not alone. There was a thing yesterday saying around 38% of the electorate are undecided. Maybe those are the ex Trumpers...

(17-08-2023, 12:38 PM)dken31 Wrote: There is no doubt that some people will support Trump no matter what, however there also are plenty of people (including on this forum) that will oppose him no matter what, and happily stretch the truth/overlook glaring flaws in the alternatives to do so. And blind opposition is no less fanatical than blind support.

Definitely. 

And then there are those who just can't stomach the thought of such a crook in that job...
(17-08-2023, 12:54 PM)Kenj Wrote: My brother-in-law's wife is a MAGA pussy grab wanabee. Crazy as! They came out just before Covid and she rabbited on non-stop about how wonderful Trump was. So, after they left to go back to the US, I started looking at the situation then collecting videos from the media about him good and bad. Soon ran shy on good though. I collected around 250 videos, 50 for and 200 against. Thats just what you do when you're old, someone pisses you off, a bit pig headed with not a lot to do. Smile

They came back early this year,  strangely, not a word was said about him.  Bugger, no reason to show them Trumps dirty movies. Sad  I think she may have seen the light?

Damn - that must have been really disappointing!  Big Grin Big Grin

But a good result if she's changed her views.
Trump will be vindicated all these accusations made against him are just miserable efforts to find any dirt they can on him in an attempt to derail his 2024 campaign.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(18-08-2023, 11:08 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Trump will be vindicated all these accusations made against him are just miserable efforts to find any dirt they can on him in an attempt to derail his 2024 campaign.

Why yes, of course he will.

And I am Marie of Romania... Rolleyes Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
(18-08-2023, 11:08 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Trump will be vindicated all these accusations made against him are just miserable efforts to find any dirt they can on him in an attempt to derail his 2024 campaign.

You really think all those involved in researching these charges and preparing the legal documents are doing it just for that? There are hundreds of people involved in these processes, from all walks of life, that is why it has taken so long. They cannot all be co conspirators in some political plot. Especially knowing that that very charge has been made from the start...

Nope, you're dreamin' mate, if you think there is any truth to that nonsense. Ask yourself, why would anyone with this kind of dirt so easily flung even consider standing for office? One or two skeletons maybe, but this guy has a truckload, and yet he has convinced so many. Just goes to prove that mass delusion is a real thing in some communities...
Have you seen the footage from the "insurrection" that shows the security lead the protesters into the building?
https://www.nypost.com/2023/03/06/jan-6-...ate-floor/
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.