Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions re: Flick Electric as a Supplier
Currently with Powershop [ Nov '21] Charges are Off peak 27.21 c/KWH, peak 37.96 c/KWH. Daily Charge 103.5. Usuage graph shows as 17% peak usage.
We don't purchase Special Packs.

Been quoted Flick rates as 20.99 c/KWH, Daily charge @ 90 c/Day. Not sure if that  is GST Incl.

On costings seems a no brainer, however Flick google reviews aren't that encouraging.
If anone has or is a customer of Flick would appreciate their feedback.

Thanks    Wink
we were for a year or two and it was good at the time but then the wholesale rate spiked for several months which made it a very expensive option. I believe now they do a fixed price option like a normal retailer rather than what i was on which was based on the spot price.

We moved to Electric Kiwi who were good, current plan with them is
$0.3419/kWh peak,
$0.2393/kWh offpeak shoulder (daytime and evenings),
$0.1710/kWh off peak
$1 / day for connection

you can nominate an offpeak free 'hour of power' - we use 9.30am-10.30am and turn all the heaters on...

With the Flick calculator the Flat rate for us would be 20.06/kwh and for our last bill of 132.40, the Flick estimate came in at 124.01

HTH
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I like Electric Kiwi too, and went power and broadband with them after decades with Trustpower and Spark. So far my total bills are around what I was paying Spark for broadband alone, so I am happy. I need a couple more months to be definitive though because there was streaming in the Spark package which I haven't reinstated yet.

Amazing though what I can get done in that free hour of power! My best day was a saving of 41%, lol...
We are on a power plan with the village. They must do a NZ wide deal as we are just presented with a corporate bill each month and it is debited from my account on 30th of each month. So far it is working out pretty good averaging about $100/month. We have a heat pump and use quite a bit as opposed to a wood fire in other house which electric power cost us $140/month. And, of course, then the cost of firewood!
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
contact is looking rather competitive at the moment, especially if you use a bit of power as we do - 22c /kwh and free power 9pm-12pm

Appreciate replies.
Just awaiting call-back from Glimp to see if they can improve on initial offer, as it is as Flick website is offering;
Tried EK some years back [ also had the free 1 hr then], bills just kept increasing & when we switched to Meridian EK was approx $30.00 dearer per month.
I am determined not to be lazy about my suppliers from now on. Too easy to just let them rollover as the years go by...
Meridian hoisted a 13% increase upon us in April '21 [ we planned to list that year] so we stayed with them. As settlement day neared we contacted them to see what if any incentive may be offered @ new place, their response , what you see is what you get. hence our move to Powershop.
(17-08-2023, 06:33 PM)jackford Wrote: Currently with Powershop [ Nov '21] Charges are Off peak 27.21 c/KWH, peak 37.96 c/KWH. Daily Charge 103.5. Usuage graph shows as 17% peak usage.
We don't purchase Special Packs.

Been quoted Flick rates as 20.99 c/KWH, Daily charge @ 90 c/Day. Not sure if that  is GST Incl.

On costings seems a no brainer, however  Flick google reviews aren't that encouraging.
If anone has or is a customer of Flick would appreciate their feedback.

Thanks    Wink

Might be worth your checking out Ecotricity's rates in your area. We're on their Eco Saver Low User plan which has lower rates than you're quoting on On & Off Peak and daily rate, plus their Feed in Tariff which they pay for our solar export is 11c/kWh. The real benefit is also that their Peak charges are for 7:00am to 11:00am and 5:00pm to 9:00pm weekdays with all other times including all weekend being off peak. The other bonus is the Ecotricity source all of their electricity from renewable generation sources.

If you've been using PowerSwitch to compare prices you may not be aware of Ecotricity's rates as the PowerSwitch site doesn't seem to recognise all their plans.
I just run the numbers on Contact Energy for our household - heavy ish use approx 400-500kwh/ week - we definitely come out better off on Contact Energy pricing than Electric Kiwi, probably to the tune of $30-50ish a month... considering...

Powershop all the way here, I was wondering if EK or others were giving better deals, but turns out im on the best deal as far as Tauranga goes anyway.
whatsmynumber/powerswitch is a good website to allow you to compare your energy usage across providers.
Even better with powershop is that they give you better rates after staying with them over 5 years and ive even made more savings.
Have decided @ least @ this point not to join Flick, mainly reaction to the negative reviews on Google.

Did a account comparison based on latest P-Shop billing with Ecotricity, only a couple of Dollars difference between suppliers, plus the only method of payment is Direct Debit.
Will stay with the incumbent @ this stage, Thanks for replies,
Updating, current account for Powershop $165.09 consisting of 464 units used, 31 days supply

Frank  Energy [ were Energy Online]  comparison is $143.05 incl GST.

Genesis Energy I quote [Special rates] locked in for 12 months $144.90 plus when joining $200.00 credit. Informed that they still offer prompt payments discounts.

Conversing with the team member I queried that Genesis still offer a prompt payment discount. She replied "Not for much longer."

When we joined PS 18 months back their offered credit was $150.00
Another potential supplier would be Octopus. We have recently upgraded our PV system which has drastically changed our import/export profile and waiting for our Ecotricity account in the coming days to see how much things have changed, which our solar installer can use for a comparative simulation. Octopus's peak/off peak times aren't as generous as Ecotricity's but lower night rate and 17c export rate looks like it will more than swing the balance.
Goodbye Powershop, monthly account for Sept. $132.30,
Some days as little as $3.10,Try as we might proved impossible to attain these levels with PS .
Pricing straight off, no gimmicky free hrs, low peak rates, straight up pricing. 

Glad we looked around