Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Life
Was expecting a whole lot more of a media circus around the sentencing of the Christchurch shooter, but it all played out rather tamely, which ultimately is a good thing. He didn't have much to say for himself, and the sentence handed out was predictable.

There'll be the typical media wash-up, but then we'll drift back into the usual stories of clusters: mini, nut or otherwise.

Has Covid made us all a bit "over it" for 2020? If we didn't have this global gloom hanging about, the media would have probably been wetting themselves in excitement prior to sentencing, followed by play-by-plays, slo-mo replays, and probably some gratuitous computer graphics with Samantha Hayes floating in a Judicial Orb of Power or whatever.

Instead at today's Covid briefing, we had the usual blend of mind-numbing questions, i.e. "How will you contact trace me if I don't scan when I got onto a bus?" Ooooh, I don't know, maybe the same way they contact traced in the months before they had QR codes on buses. Have you not been paying attention at any of the other briefings you sat through anonymous Lady Journo?

But that's an aside. Good riddance to a horrible individual.
And his Life should be served in a NZ prison. No deportation because as soon as that occurs NZ loses control of his sentence's stipulations. We made that cock-up by allowing the French terrorists who sunk the Rainbow Warrior to skip NZ and we all know how that turned out.
Agreed.

Empty cell with bare-minimum rations, and some Muslim guards perhaps.
i would rather they shot the prick, save us a few mill a year in prison fees
yes i know
(27-08-2020, 08:41 PM)jim157 Wrote: i would rather they shot the prick, save us a few mill a year in prison fees
Too easy on him. Not seeing the sunlight for the rest of his days must be a hell of an outlook!
(27-08-2020, 06:15 PM)harm_less Wrote: And his Life should be served in a NZ prison. No deportation because as soon as that occurs NZ loses control of his sentence's stipulations. We made that cock-up by allowing the French terrorists who sunk the Rainbow Warrior to skip NZ and we all know how that turned out.

Absolutely agree. Here he stays, where his crimes were committed.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)