Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alan Hall to get $5m compensation
w
For wrongful murder conviction!!

Alan Hall to get $5m compensation for wrongful murder conviction | Stuff.co.nz

Hope the bastards who helped stitch him up get their deserts..
Especially those police involved; they deliberately witheld altered & evidence. They should be made an example of to discourage others.

"However, it was later revealed police deliberately altere the evidence of a crucial witness, failed to disclose other vital evidence and statements, and placed Hall, who has an intellectual disability, under extreme pressure during 23 hours of interviews, without a lawyer being present."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Sadly but predictably enough the costs will mostly be born by almost everybody except the corrupt or incompetent officials - in full accordance with tradition.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
I had completely missed the fact he is autistic. I think that makes the situation even more perilous.
The police responsible must have realised that he was autistic or at the very least, that there was something different about him which would make it possible for them to frame him & close the case.
This is something which should never happen.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Arthur Allan Thomas, Teina Pora - mentally handicapped who were also stitched up for murder. Seems a common theme.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Didn't even know about that case. Feel sorry for him.
Now it's time to do the same with Scott Watson.
Did David Bain ever end up getting compensation?
Also demonstrates how corrupt the police have been in NZ.
Anyone remember Arthur Allen Thomas?
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
Wayyyyyyy before my time... cough cough...
(19-08-2023, 12:49 PM)Zurdo Wrote: Arthur Allan Thomas, Teina Pora - mentally handicapped who were also stitched up for murder. Seems a common theme.

It does. And that's why I think those responsible (if they're still living) should be tried for their crimes; this isn't something which should be allowed to slide away, because framing another person for such a serious crime has to be something which no cop will ever contemplate again.

(19-08-2023, 01:00 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Wayyyyyyy before my time... cough cough...

Jeez...apparently, I really am Marie of Romania... Rolleyes Rolleyes Big Grin
And I should add that this issue has been present in this country for decades, irrespective of what govt is in power.
The police need more independent oversight, it seems that they have alot of power with little regulatory body over them other than the IPCA which doesn't really cover these sorts of cases.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
https://www.scribbr.com/common-mistakes/alot-or-a-lot/

"Alot is sometimes mistakenly used instead of a lot. However, it isn’t a real word and should be avoided."
Add Peter Ellis to the list.
(19-08-2023, 04:28 PM)harm_less Wrote: https://www.scribbr.com/common-mistakes/alot-or-a-lot/

"Alot is sometimes mistakenly used instead of a lot. However, it isn’t a real word and should be avoided."

Mmmm, there's a lot of it about. We nerds could go round the twist chasing up all the misuse and abuse we see. Fortunately, we have better stuff to do at wine tine... Big Grin