Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wherever is Sam Uffindel
Being kept away from the media it seems. 

Having explained how he ever so nobly does the shopping now & then to 'give his wife a break' he seems to be being kept at a distance from reporters. 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...-the-media
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Don't be mean Lilith. The poor man is a bit thick, that's all. Perfect for a Nat MP...
Usually MPs are so motivated to front up to the media as an election looms they just about have to be beaten off with a stick Tongue
(19-08-2023, 12:16 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Don't be mean Lilith. The poor man is a bit thick, that's all. Perfect for a Nat MP...

And that is why I was simply unable to resist... Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(19-08-2023, 12:19 PM)harm_less Wrote: Usually MPs are so motivated to front up to the media as an election looms they just about have to be beaten off with a stick Tongue

Uffy isn't allowed near sticks. On account of his childhood obsession with using them on other kids...  Big Grin
(19-08-2023, 04:17 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(19-08-2023, 12:19 PM)harm_less Wrote: Usually MPs are so motivated to front up to the media as an election looms they just about have to be beaten off with a stick Tongue

Uffy isn't allowed near sticks. On account of his childhood obsession with using them on other kids...  Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin
Quote:" . . . they just about have to be beaten off with a stick."
Don't think you can beat off a politician with a stick, or even a beater, at this time of year. Sadsmile

Multiple blenders don't do too badly though.

Tongue
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
My question is why does this reporter care so much what a low level, first year MP has to say?  I would suggest he doesn't care at all and that is quite evident in the sarcastic second paragraph.  And the "journalist " may want to consider why his former colleague is ghosting him - couldn't be he knows just what kind of  hack he is and the hatchet job he was hoping to score could it?
(21-08-2023, 07:15 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: My question is why does this reporter care so much what a low level, first year MP has to say?  I would suggest he doesn't care at all and that is quite evident in the sarcastic second paragraph.  And the "journalist " may want to consider why his former colleague is ghosting him - couldn't be he knows just what kind of  hack he is and the hatchet job he was hoping to score could it?

Its an election year - all reporters are digging in hopes of dirt wherever they can, whether or not there's anything to it is beside the point - have you perhaps not noticed. Rolleyes

Mind you, the fact that he's already been in the news for one or two incidents doesn't hurt. Makes him 'newsworthy.' Big Grin
(21-08-2023, 07:24 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(21-08-2023, 07:15 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: My question is why does this reporter care so much what a low level, first year MP has to say?  I would suggest he doesn't care at all and that is quite evident in the sarcastic second paragraph.  And the "journalist " may want to consider why his former colleague is ghosting him - couldn't be he knows just what kind of  hack he is and the hatchet job he was hoping to score could it?

Its an election year - all reporters are digging in hopes of dirt wherever they can, whether or not there's anything to it is beside the point - have you perhaps not noticed. Rolleyes

Mind you, the fact that he's already been in the news for one or two incidents doesn't hurt. Makes him 'newsworthy.' Big Grin

I think the "journalist " needs to stop being a whiney baby.  Can't get an interview - let's do an "opinion" peice instead.
I think this line says it all
Quote:It’s simple, says political strategist Matthew Hooton, National is worried Uffindell will stuff up again.

“Of course National won’t let this guy give an interview,” Hooton said. “He’s someone who - in a cost of living crisis - can’t even talk about doing the shopping without putting his foot in it and causing an embarrassing distraction for his party in the national media.”

But let's blame the "hack" journalist for daring to ask the question...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(21-08-2023, 07:36 PM)king1 Wrote: I think this line says it all
Quote:It’s simple, says political strategist Matthew Hooton, National is worried Uffindell will stuff up again.

“Of course National won’t let this guy give an interview,” Hooton said. “He’s someone who - in a cost of living crisis - can’t even talk about doing the shopping without putting his foot in it and causing an embarrassing distraction for his party in the national media.”

But why does he want to talk to such a low level MP?  Why would his views be preferred over those in the actual decision making area?  Fact - they aren't.
(21-08-2023, 08:46 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(21-08-2023, 07:36 PM)king1 Wrote: I think this line says it all

But why does he want to talk to such a low level MP?  Why would his views be preferred over those in the actual decision making area?  Fact - they aren't.

I think the current views of an elected official with a less than stellar past would be extremely relevant leading into an election

(21-08-2023, 09:22 PM)king1 Wrote:
(21-08-2023, 08:46 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: But why does he want to talk to such a low level MP?  Why would his views be preferred over those in the actual decision making area?  Fact - they aren't.

I think the current views of an elected official with a less than stellar past would be extremely relevant leading into an election

Why?  Ask yourself honestly.  The only people who should be  concerned about what Uffindell has to say or offer is Tauranga voters.  Do you honestly care what a 1 year low level MP has to say?

Oh crap sorry. Shouldn't be challenging you - it could obnoxious and result in another ban.
(21-08-2023, 09:39 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(21-08-2023, 09:22 PM)king1 Wrote: I think the current views of an elected official with a less than stellar past would be extremely relevant leading into an election

Why?  Ask yourself honestly.  The only people who should be  concerned about what Uffindell has to say or offer is Tauranga voters.  Do you honestly care what a 1 year low level MP has to say?

Oh crap sorry.  Shouldn't be challenging you - it could obnoxious and result in another ban.
yes I do because that 1 year low level MP could end up with a significant position at some soon to be determined point in the future...

and being obnoxious on it's own won't get you a ban here - you won't make many friends but you don't get banned for it... 

now repeatedly challenging moderation decisions is another matter entirely and you are welcome to send me a PM if you wish to discuss it further...

(21-08-2023, 09:59 PM)king1 Wrote:
(21-08-2023, 09:39 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Why?  Ask yourself honestly.  The only people who should be  concerned about what Uffindell has to say or offer is Tauranga voters.  Do you honestly care what a 1 year low level MP has to say?

Oh crap sorry.  Shouldn't be challenging you - it could obnoxious and result in another ban.
yes I do because that 1 year low level MP could end up with a significant position at some soon to be determined point in the future...

and being obnoxious on it's own won't get you a ban here - you won't make many friends but you don't get banned for it... 

now repeatedly challenging moderation decisions is another matter entirely and you are welcome to send me a PM if you wish to discuss it further...
[Removed: Rule 9E]
And I call BS - I could care less for instance what Tamiti Coffey has to say because I have little influence over him being elected.  Again a low level MP.  This journalist could go along to some of the public meetings and ask some questions - has he?  No.

As for him getting a high position I think he won't this term and if and when he does get  higher position then journalists can question him then.
You aren't suggesting that MPs only get challenged if and when they reach a higher position are you?

Or should this only apply to the really dumb ones?
(22-08-2023, 06:35 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(21-08-2023, 09:59 PM)king1 Wrote: yes I do because that 1 year low level MP could end up with a significant position at some soon to be determined point in the future...

[Removed: Rule 9E]

And I call BS - I could care less for instance what Tamiti Coffey has to say because I have little influence over him being elected.  Again a low level MP.  This journalist could go along to some of the public meetings and ask some questions - has he?  No.

As for him getting a high position I think he won't this term and if and when he does get  higher position then journalists can question him then.

you can call it what you like, but he is an elected official being paid by the public purse... 

and send me a PM if you want clarification on the rules - there is little remaining tolerance here to you arguing the rules on the main board...

(22-08-2023, 07:54 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You aren't suggesting that MPs only get challenged if and when they reach a higher position are you?

that might be awkward - then parties would need to declare who the really dumb ones are

(21-08-2023, 07:28 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(21-08-2023, 07:24 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Its an election year - all reporters are digging in hopes of dirt wherever they can, whether or not there's anything to it is beside the point - have you perhaps not noticed. Rolleyes

I think the "journalist " needs to stop being a whiney baby.  Can't get an interview - let's do an "opinion" peice instead.

Once again, virtually all journalists are looking for something - anything - because there's an elction getting closer. A juicy scandal of some kind would suit them at the moment, & that's not peculiar to this election, but something which seems to happen every time.

(22-08-2023, 08:36 AM)king1 Wrote:
(22-08-2023, 07:54 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: You aren't suggesting that MPs only get challenged if and when they reach a higher position are you?

that might be awkward - then parties would need to declare who the really dumb ones are

That would be ever so interesting though.  Rolleyes Big Grin

We live in hope... Big Grin Big Grin