Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Domino's Pizza gone woke
I went to order some pizzas the other day and all the common pizzas were listed in Maori with the English name in light grey and smaller text.
WTF? Do they actually want to sell pizzas or what? They are sure making it hard to place an order!
What would be better is to actually give you the option of your language when you log into the app.
And that way they can track how many people use the maori version.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
so this time around
Woke = Bilingual
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Heavens, everyone knows pizzas are multilingual.

Outside Italy that is, lol.
(19-08-2023, 12:10 PM)king1 Wrote:  mso this time around
Woke = Bilingual

Bilingual doesn't bother me, but putting a language that a minority speak as the primary language over English seems a bit over the top.
Same goes in the news, we hardly even hear the word "New Zealand" anymore.
At best they say "Aotearoa New Zealand"
Aotearoa was not even the maori name for NZ, you won't find it on the treaty anywhere.
It was a fabricated name that [b]William Pember Reeves [/b]came up with.
Do some research, it's so easy to see how our history has been rewritten.
And I know plenty of maori people who agree with me.
Really? In this country, which language came first? It's not about majority, it's about respecting the language of the people whose territory is shared with the rest of us. No matter where we came from.

They share, so should we. It's good manners.

Btw, if you capitalise English, it would be good manners to do the same with Maori.
(19-08-2023, 05:08 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Really? In this country, which language came first? It's not about majority, it's about respecting the language of the people whose territory is shared with the rest of us. No matter where we came from.

They share, so should we. It's good manners.

Btw, if you capitalise English, it would be good manners to do the same with Maori.
If you want to get technical,  there are not even maori people left anymore, only people with Maori ancestors
I dont call myself English, I have english ancestors but I also have a bunch of other races in my ancestry.
Would be quite sobering for many if they all got a DNA test.
Not this one it wouldn't. My kid got hers done and shared the results with me. Interestingly enough she's still Maori, and I'm still a New Zealander.

The important bit is we respect each other enough to accept our choices and not argue with those choices.

Identity isn't about technicalities, it is much more personal than that.