Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An ode for David Seymour
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/...67d28&ei=7

"mBard Billot on the Baron's warty toad

The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
Baron Luxon stands by his cauldron.
Victory is close: the sweet aroma of power
drifts tantalisingly through his Mean Damp Rebel Castle.
Soon,” mutters the Baron,
I will be in the Grand and Dry Castle of State.
Lo, the Rebel will be Master and the Masters brought low!
But I need some extra juju to make sure.”
The Baron has been up all night for a week,
poring over dark and dusty tomes
of Necromancy and Thaumaturgy.
Into the brackish foulness of his magick broth
He tosses the secret ingredients
Of The Ancient Lords of his Tribe:
Charred ash of the social contract from Emperor Roger,
A crushed and powdered beneficiary from Empress Ruth,
And the small toy race car of Don the Misfortunate.
Cauldron boil and cauldron bubble,
And give the wokesters mighty troubles!
Lo, and from the murk steps an amphibian:
Toad of Seymour,
Warted and clad in nought but magenta woad.
Fantastic!”, says the Baron.
Toad Seymour, are you ready to do my bidding?”
But the Toad pays no heed to the Baron
And elbows past him out the door
Where he mingles freely and chats with
The Respectable Middle Classes.
Wait,” gasps the Baron, “this is all wrong!”
He hastily consults his documentation
But it is already too late.
otorists through fire zones, or waited in long lines lines for emergency flights the worst fire season on record in CToad of Seymour has already reassured
A Mob of the Oppressed and Despondent Bourgeoisie
That in three weeks from his taking office
All of the Raiders of Ram will be sent to the salt mines,
No taxes shall be paid,
And great highways of gold will connect
Their dairy farms, property portfolios and assorted holdings.
The People saith to one another,
Lo, this Warty Magenta Toad is indeed our Messiah,”
And pay heed no more to the Baron.
Though the Tribe be generally pale,
and aged, and cranky, they hold great stinking piles of loot
which they offer to the Toad.
No – no!” Cries the Baron.
I am to be King! The Toad is merely my junior coalition partner!”
But The People have made their decision
And the cries of the Baron are but dry grass in the wind.
TOAD! TOAD!” The People chant in mindless fervour.
The Baron chases the procession in desperation
But trips on his purple satin gown;
And down into the mud he vanishes
Under the tramping feet of a thousand cheering investors
Who follow their Magenta Messiah
On towards the Grand and Dry Castle of State.

Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Tongue Bigsmile
Goodness me, are boundless illicit substances being imbibed by the cast of players?
    Huh
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
From David Farriers Webworm today -

"Not to make it political, but New Zealand is preparing to elect some knob-heads of its own. There’s National leader Christopher Luxon, a man previously tied to pentecostal Auckland church the Upper Room — a man who claims his religious beliefs don’t colour his politics. I call bullshit on that. When your ethics and morals exist to guarantee you a spot in Heaven and the afterlife — those ethics and morals play out in all aspects of your life. Including your politics. Your soul depends on it.
Then there’s the Act party’s David Seymour, the kiwi politician with Trump’s ability to get maximum media pickup for a variety of shitty racist jokes and views."

I did not know that. The bit about that pentecostal stuff...
(20-08-2023, 05:32 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: From David Farriers Webworm today -

"Not to make it political, but New Zealand is preparing to elect some knob-heads of its own. There’s National leader Christopher Luxon, a man previously tied to pentecostal Auckland church the Upper Room — a man who claims his religious beliefs don’t colour his politics. I call bullshit on that. When your ethics and morals exist to guarantee you a spot in Heaven and the afterlife — those ethics and morals play out in all aspects of your life. Including your politics. Your soul depends on it.
Then there’s the Act party’s David Seymour, the kiwi politician with Trump’s ability to get maximum media pickup for a variety of shitty racist jokes and views."

I did not know that. The bit about that pentecostal stuff...

Yep its a concern. Always slightly worrying when any political leader professes their faith in whatever religion; especially when they try to play it down as much as possible.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
"When your ethics and morals exist to guarantee you a spot in Heaven and the afterlife — those ethics and morals play out in all aspects of your life. Including your politics. Your soul depends on it."

Yes absolutely, Oh_hunnihunni, beautiful thinking, thanks for the heads up.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
So I looked up The Upper Room out of interest to find their most recent sermon was about demons.

Okaaaaaay...
A person with "normal" christian principles and beliefs as a leader is OK. A "christian" who is a member of a whacko church is not. Look at all the problems that that type creates in our world. Look at some of the Middle East countries religious clamp downs on peoples rights, all in the name of their own particular god. And then, of course, there is the good old US of A. Religiously corrupt! A fine example being the trying to force a 10 year old girl who had been raped, carry the baby full term! Because......
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Because a foetus is so much more important than a living child...
(21-08-2023, 09:40 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: So I looked up The Upper Room out of interest to find their most recent sermon was about demons.

Okaaaaaay...

Yes indeed; its just so heartening when a political leader can manage to believe in mythical creatures, isn't it. 

I live in hope that we may yet one day have our very own dragons...
Rolleyes Angel Big Grin

And as an added bonus I'm fairly sure a dragon would keep Madame Le Dog in line.

(21-08-2023, 11:03 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Because a foetus is so much more important than a living child...

Well jeez - there's always the chance it might be male.

Big Grin

I SO wish both genders could become pregnant & give birth; once each would work well.