Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet explorer
Didn't think i would see myself in this situation, but I need to use it to access an hikvision security system for work.
Edge has an ie mode, but no video images appear, I'm wondering if my AV might have something to do with it, I had to unblock the software and add an exception in ESET when I installed it, but quite often I find that AV software tends to block stuff even with an exception although the logs don't indicate anything.
I wonder if there is any software that can access the system without the browser?
I have an old dlink camera that is like that, needs to be viewed in IE, the IE mode in edge doesn't work for me on 11 at least...
the activex viewer doesn't work but if a choose the java viewer i get video. whether the Hikvision has that option or not is a question mark.
a portable IE app would be great for this...
HTH
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
found this that worked for me
https://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-S...wser.shtml

even able to load the activex component

i'm adding this to my portable apps drive

I stand corrected, IE mode in Edge did work, when i used the correct port

I might give that a go. I have IE on my windows 10 system, but edge blocks it and comes up redirecting me to edge. There must be a registry hack to unblock it surely?
I'm going to try it out on my older windows 7 machine to see if it works any better.
Also see there is a chrome extension called ietab but not having any luck with that
Somewhere on one of the servers I have the actual Software for the Hikvision Cams, I can dig it out and post a link if its of any use ??

Edited: Just uploading all the software, 193MB  I'll post a link once its done

Heres the Full CD its in a Zip file, https://ufile.io/os4vh2dk

Also uploaded to Onedrive     Download Link  English CD-201807.zip

Heres what each does.
1. The CMS is the client monitoring software, can
undertake client video, remote monitoring,Equipment
centralized management
2. Diskplayer player, can play computer hard disk
video recorder file department All video files
3. Ie plug-in, after installation can through the
ie remote access equipment
4. Player Player, h. 264 video files of the Player
5. DeviceManages, can for DVR, IPC, such as equipm-
ent NVR software DeviceManages
Upgrades = Old bugs replaced with new Bugs.
(21-08-2023, 12:57 PM)Wainuitech Wrote: Somewhere on one of the servers I have the actual Software for the Hikvision Cams, I can dig it out and post a link if its of any use ??

Edited: Just uploading all the software, 193MB  I'll post a link once its done

Heres the Full CD its in a Zip file, https://ufile.io/os4vh2dk

Also uploaded to Onedrive     Download Link  English CD-201807.zip

Heres what each does.
1. The CMS is the client monitoring software, can
undertake client video, remote monitoring,Equipment
centralized management
2. Diskplayer player, can play computer hard disk
video recorder file department All video files
3. Ie plug-in, after installation can through the
ie remote access equipment
4. Player Player, h. 264 video files of the Player
5. DeviceManages, can for DVR, IPC, such as equipm-
ent NVR software DeviceManages
Thanks, I will have a go and report back.
Ive installed CMS and getting login timeout, seems to have issues communicating.
The DVR is using dyndns. Im assuming this uses the RTSP protocol?
Im wondering if port 554 is getting blocked at the ISP end
(21-08-2023, 03:19 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Ive installed CMS and getting login timeout, seems to have issues communicating.

Only use CMS Locally, never really had a lot of success  with remote connecting due to using IE, and appears other browsers dont want to play nice. But did just check YES RTSP uses port 554.

You have to make sure the cams are actually showing in the available list
Example. in pic.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(21-08-2023, 04:00 PM)Wainuitech Wrote:
(21-08-2023, 03:19 PM)nzoomed Wrote: Ive installed CMS and getting login timeout, seems to have issues communicating.

Only use CMS Locally, never really had a lot of success  with remote connecting due to using IE, and appears other browsers dont want to play nice. But did just check YES RTSP uses port 554.

You have to make sure the cams are actually showing in the available list
Example. in pic.

OK, im wanting to access it remotely, i cant even get that far, wont connect with the remote IP address at all.
Im suspecting the port is being blocked through the router.
Also was reading that some cellular networks block port 554 which this is going through a 4G router.
if its a cell phone network they usually use CGNAT that make remote server connections next to impossible, a static IP address from the ISP would possibly fix that...

OOPS Red faced here -- The Software was actually for hiseeu systems, but on saying that I have used it on hikvision and its worked fine. Also used hikvision software on hisee and that worked fine as well, all locally though.

The Apps on phones generally will work better without a whole lot of mucking about port forwarding etc.

The remote access side of thing -- While not exactly ideal, but on my own have the software recording / running on a server, and find on the rare times I have remoted in, it was easier to use a remote desktop and simply do what was required that way.

Dont know if its of any use but did find this article

https://www.routerpasswords.com/port-for...20services.
CGNAT is a real pain, but the fact that its using a service such as dyndns, it seems to suggest its got a static IP, and ports are open.
Ive got access to the system through the app on my phone, but just trying to get this thing to work in the browser seems to be the big issue.
(22-08-2023, 11:09 AM)nzoomed Wrote: CGNAT is a real pain, but the fact that its using a service such as dyndns, it seems to suggest its got a static IP, and ports are open.
Ive got access to the system through the app on my phone, but just trying to get this thing to work in the browser seems to be the big issue.

edit:
got the thing working, it was actually working the whole time, but there had to be an extra encryption key saved into the system to allow the video to stream.
(22-08-2023, 12:43 PM)nzoomed Wrote:
(22-08-2023, 11:09 AM)nzoomed Wrote: CGNAT is a real pain, but the fact that its using a service such as dyndns, it seems to suggest its got a static IP, and ports are open.

edit:
got the thing working, it was actually working the whole time, but there had to be an extra encryption key saved into the system to allow the video to stream.

Thats interesting, where was the additional Key and where in the system did you put it if you dont mind sharing Smile
(22-08-2023, 02:29 PM)Wainuitech Wrote:
(22-08-2023, 12:43 PM)nzoomed Wrote: edit:

Thats interesting, where was the additional Key and where in the system did you put it if you dont mind sharing Smile

I'm away for a couple of days so cam provide more details when I get back but there is a section on the browser page for local settings on the client side and not the DVR itself, has a provision for the encryption key of the stream.