Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dress length causes rape
Apparently, some of us still live in the 50s. It seems that short dresses & alcohol can cause rape.
Dodgy Angry

A woman who says she was raped by a taxi driver has been questioned about what she was wearing & how much she'd had to drink. By a female lawyer.

https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star-nat...-rape-case

"A woman who says she was kidnapped and raped in Dunedin has faced gruelling cross-examination regarding the length of her dress and the amount of alcohol she consumed.
An unregistered Dunedin taxi driver, who currently has interim name suppression, is accused of indecent assault, kidnapping, rape and two charges of sexual violation by unlawful sexual connection.
The complainant admitted she had been drinking heavily on February 8, 2021, recounting all the alcoholic beverages she consumed, some via beer bong.
"You also had tequila shots didn’t you? Which is throwing back straight alcohol isn’t it ... throwing it down your throat?" Mrs Stevens said.
CCTV images were shown of the woman and her friend eating at McDonald’s, with Mrs Stevens asking if the woman would be exposed when she sat down.
"The dress barely covers your bottom? ... I’m not being critical and I’m not suggesting that anyone could see your bottom, I’m simply exploring."
"It really wasn’t that short," the complainant said.

Mrs Stevens suggested the woman did not have any cash on her at the time of the car ride.
"The fact is you didn’t pay for the fare at all did you?"
The woman who said she was raped and strangled by the driver was clearly upset.
"No. Why would I after that?"

Tracey Ullman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51-hepLP8J4
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Who knew hemlines caused unmanageable erections? Thank goodness minis are out of fashion.
(23-08-2023, 04:05 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Who knew hemlines caused unmanageable erections? Thank goodness minis are out of fashion.

yes, the hemline... 

I like a good hemline...

the wife is a seamstress don't you know...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Ahhh, one of the major post apocalyptic skills. The older we get the more we seem to gain...
(23-08-2023, 04:05 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Who knew hemlines caused unmanageable erections? Thank goodness minis are out of fashion.

Apparently, this amazing fact was quite well known back in the dark ages, AKA the 50s & earlier, as was the other then well known fact that women drinking alcohol was also a cause.

I do like Tracey Ullman. Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It saddens me that there is still so much stupidity running around out there.
Those two brothers from the Mama Hooch case are being sentenced today. Police believe there at least 20 victims & probably more who haven't come forward.

I think 5 years per victim should fit the bill.
(24-08-2023, 12:39 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Those two brothers from the Mama Hooch case are being sentenced today. Police believe there at least 20 victims & probably more who haven't come forward.

Lock them up and throw away the key. They are a disgrace to all men!
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
I think castration is a very appropriate punishment for such predators.
(24-08-2023, 02:39 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I think castration is a very appropriate punishment for such predators.

I can understand why. But I'd rather they retain the urges which led them to behave as they did & every time comprehend that they're where they are because of what they did - & can never do again.

(24-08-2023, 02:13 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(24-08-2023, 12:39 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Those two brothers from the Mama Hooch case are being sentenced today. Police believe there at least 20 victims & probably more who haven't come forward.

Lock them up and throw away the key. They are a disgrace to all men!

They are - most men are far better than these people,who don't really deserve to be called men.
An excellent judge who gave one 16 years & the other 17 & 1/2. The statements from their victims are really harrowing but also show reslience & determination to get on & live their lives despite these boys.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/mama-hooch...r%20parole.

“The level of your offending is unknown in this country ... you helped yourself to young women with callous disregard for their rights and their dignity,” said Judge Paul Mabey.

The men were handed their fate after a long day in court where nine survivors of their “disgusting” crimes read emotional but powerful impact statements.

Danny, 40, and Roberto, 38, were convicted of 69 charges between them including rape, sexual violation, indecent assault, stupefying, disabling, making intimate recordings of women without their knowledge or consent and supplying illicit drugs.

The Australian-born brothers were described by Judge Mabey as “arrogant” and “entitled”.

Today, neither showed any sign - at all - of emotion.

They sat in the dock side-by-side stony-faced and unmoved by anything said to or about them.

Danny Jaz sported a black eye.
Add another Australian to this mix.
A former principal who sexually abused two sisters at an Australian ultra-Orthodox Jewish school and spent years fighting extradition from Israel has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
Malka Leifer, 56, must serve at least 11 years and six months of the sentence before she can be considered for early release. As soon as she is released from a Victoria state prison, she will likely be deported to her native Israel.
(25-08-2023, 04:19 PM)alpha111 Wrote: Add another Australian to this mix.
A former principal who sexually abused two sisters at an Australian ultra-Orthodox Jewish school and spent years fighting extradition from Israel has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
Malka Leifer, 56, must serve at least 11 years and six months of the sentence before she can be considered for early release. As soon as she is released from a Victoria state prison, she will likely be deported to her native Israel.

At least these days, there's far more chance of predators like these people being caught & imprisoned.
I love the hand wringing in this thread from a number of posters. The same ones who insist that locking people up long term is not the answer now calling for the Mamma Hooch drug rapists be exactly that. Or castrated. Hypocrites one and all.
(26-08-2023, 10:39 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: I love the hand wringing in this thread from a number of posters.  The same ones who insist that locking people up long term is not the answer now calling for the Mamma Hooch drug rapists be exactly that.  Or castrated.  Hypocrites one and all.

Once again, as I've said frequently enough to  have made it very clear - except perhaps for those who prefer not to comprehend - there will always be those people who, because they're a  danger to the rest of society, need to be locked away, & some of the extremely dangerous ones for life if needed.

Continuing to ignore & deliberately misconstrue is never a good idea since it has the effect of showing the person doing so in quite a foolish light.
Agree. People who commit repeated violence against other people need to be removed from society in order to protect others.
(26-08-2023, 10:39 AM)Wainuiguy Wrote: I love the hand wringing in this thread from a number of posters.  The same ones who insist that locking people up long term is not the answer now calling for the Mamma Hooch drug rapists be exactly that.  Or castrated.  Hypocrites one and all.

it seems more than a little disingenuous to score points against people advocating sensible sentences, by using one of the worst examples of violent crime we've seen for awhile.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(26-08-2023, 04:06 PM)alpha111 Wrote: Agree. People who commit repeated violence against other people need to be removed from society in order to protect others.Tha

Generally, long sentences are usually not effective - but there will always be some who can't change whether because they've been so badly damaged themselves or because like these brothers ( & the others who there wasn't enough evidence against for a conviction) they seem unable to/don't want to & who are therefore a danger to others, have to be locked away.
Short sentences never beat the guillotine for reduced re-offending. Well, not so far. Smile
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(26-08-2023, 04:35 PM)king1 Wrote:

it seems more than a little disingenuous to score points against people advocating sensible sentences, by using one of the worst examples of violent crime we've seen for awhile.

No.  While terrible this is certainly not one of the worst cases of violent crimes in recent years.  Dickerson was much worse.  Some of the murders of young children and babies much worse.  The recent shooting in Auckland much worse.  The killing of father and daughter by the gang member out on "monitored" bail much worse.