Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air NZ profit 415m
So, are they going to pay back the government subsidies they got during the pandemic? Maybe the L o t Opposition might like to comment...

312m would buy a lot of things on the government wishlist.
Doesn't work that way. after a $725M loss in 2022 and a $444M loss in 2021 they ain't got any dosh to pay anything back. They had to keep going during Covid, hence the losses. And, the govt. knew that when they gave it to them.
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Mmmm, and now they could pay it back and still have change.
(24-08-2023, 02:40 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Mmmm, and now they could pay it back and still have change.

Why yes, I can see them gaily tripping off to the beehive, dosh in hand, all ready to repay.

Mind you, I did see a dragon the other day,too.... Rolleyes Angel Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
They need new airplanes and have budgeted $1.5B for that. Big money in maintenance costs ahead. New Boeing 777 engines can cost between $25 and $45 million. Corrosion found in RR engines of aircraft stored at Auckland airport.... it is never ending. If they don't do these things, it will cost shite loads more in the long run.

Sorry, they can't just wave a Green Party or Maori Party magic wand to solve the problem. Unfortunately some have to live in the real world.
(24-08-2023, 03:40 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(24-08-2023, 02:40 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Mmmm, and now they could pay it back and still have change.

Why yes, I can see them gaily tripping off to the beehive, dosh in hand, all ready to repay.

That wasn't a dragon, that was my ex's mum, a much fiercer proposition. Unfortunately not so rare as those wimpy dragons.
With her about, any change is for the better.

Tongue
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(24-08-2023, 05:30 PM)Kenj Wrote: They need new airplanes and have budgeted $1.5B for that. Big money in maintenance costs ahead. New Boeing 777 engines can cost between $25 and $45 million. Corrosion found in RR engines of aircraft stored at Auckland airport.... it is never ending. If they don't do these things, it will cost shite loads more in the long run.

Sorry, they can't just wave a Green Party or Maori Party magic wand to solve the problem. Unfortunately some have to live in the real world.

Ohhhh don't be sorry! It is that very real world some of us greenies are trying to save, lol...
(24-08-2023, 05:43 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:
(24-08-2023, 05:30 PM)Kenj Wrote: They need new airplanes and have budgeted $1.5B for that. Big money in maintenance costs ahead. New Boeing 777 engines can cost between $25 and $45 million. Corrosion found in RR engines of aircraft stored at Auckland airport.... it is never ending. If they don't do these things, it will cost shite loads more in the long run.

Ohhhh don't be sorry! It is that very real world some of us greenies are trying to save, lol...

Wink Wink I know. bless you!
(24-08-2023, 05:43 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote:

By far their biggest cost is Luxon's pension Cash
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
I wouldn't be surprised!
(24-08-2023, 05:33 PM)R2x1 Wrote:
(24-08-2023, 03:40 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Why yes, I can see them gaily tripping off to the beehive, dosh in hand, all ready to repay.

That wasn't a dragon, that was my ex's mum, a much fiercer proposition. Unfortunately not so rare as those wimpy dragons.
With her about, any change is for the better.

Tongue

Wimpy dragons??! No chance; those cloud dragons are anything but.. Rolleyes Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(24-08-2023, 07:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Wimpy dragons??! No chance; those cloud dragons are anything but.. Rolleyes Big Grin

Ha. You ain't seen my ex Ma-in-law in full flight.  Why do you think iI dug that moat between here and Aust? That, and putting loadstone in her hat so every time she took to the air she wound up in Woomera, are the only reason we're still alive and uncrisped. When she boils a cauldron it is faster than a microwave exploding a widespread egg. Witch/dragon  combo is a serious piece of malice aforethought,
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(24-08-2023, 07:23 PM)R2x1 Wrote:
(24-08-2023, 07:09 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Wimpy dragons??! No chance; those cloud dragons are anything but.. Rolleyes Big Grin

Ha. You ain't seen my ex Ma-in-law in full flight.  Why do you think iI dug that moat between here and Aust? That, and putting loadstone in her hat so every time she took to the air she wound up in Woomera, are the only reason we're still alive and uncrisped. When she boils a cauldron it is faster than a microwave exploding a widespread egg. Witch/dragon  combo is a serious piece of malice aforethought,

Big Grin Big Grin

But dragons are sooo lovely... Angel Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
(24-08-2023, 06:10 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised!

With that particular, every time you post an airmail letter you're aiding the inflow to one of those who least needs it.  If you send a parcel or - (shudder) take a flight (chunder) you compound a felony.  Wink

Quote:"But dragons are sooo lovely..."

Quote:"You ain't seen my ex Ma-in-law"
 Obviously.
The only way I could keep her out of the house was via a 10,000 volt chimney trap, and mirrors on front and rear doors. When she spotted her image coming towards her she backpedalled faster than a political party two days after getting elected.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
My main concern is the safety and maintenance of aircraft that were mothballed during covid.
You would hope that everything is gone over thoroughly, but they will need alot of that profit to get their aircraft back into the air before we see any reduction in airfares.