Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should NZ become part of Australia?
An outgoing MP thinks so!
I believe the idea was floated way back into making NZ a state of Australia prior to the signing of the treaty if I'm not mistaken.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/a...ory-speech
hmmm worst nightmare, wake up an Australian...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Nice place in parts, spoilt by all the Australians living there!
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
I can see a few pros and cons, but the right time to have done it would have been prior to the signing of the treaty.
Our identity of what it means to be a kiwi would be erased overnight.
Nah, bad idea. Some years ago there was a series of documentaries looking at different ideas for the future - the only two I can recall were the Greener future & becoming part of Oz, which was the worst of them all with us becoming a retirement colony where higher education was only available for younger people by moving to Oz.

But the Greener one was one of the best possible futures.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Well, we wouldn't have to deal with the 501's anymore.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Yes please. Could we be part of Perth please? Save me heaps on airfares...
(25-08-2023, 10:27 AM)king1 Wrote: hmmm worst nightmare, wake up an Australian...
If you've woken up, you're not an Austr-flamin-alien!
Wink

(25-08-2023, 06:13 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Yes please. Could we be part of Perth please? Save me heaps on airfares...

Probably a few too many fish-hooks; why not send teaching missionaries over there and educate them? Once they have completely reformed and are no longer a totally backward bunch, the country may well mirror/reverse as well and Perth will be on the right coast, much closer but still safely outside the moat.
Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(25-08-2023, 06:53 PM)R2x1 Wrote:
(25-08-2023, 10:27 AM)king1 Wrote: hmmm worst nightmare, wake up an Australian...
If you've woken up, you're not an Austr-flamin-alien!
Wink

(25-08-2023, 06:13 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Yes please. Could we be part of Perth please? Save me heaps on airfares...

Probably a few too many fish-hooks; why not send teaching missionaries over there and educate them? Once they have completely reformed and are no longer a totally backward bunch, the country may well mirror/reverse as well and Perth will be on the right coast, much closer but still safely outside the moat.
Wink

Jeez...never thought I'd feel sorry for missionaries... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)