Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenny Shipley appeal fails
She & the other directors of Mainzeal must pay more than $6 million

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/1327993...peal-fails

The directors should have realised by 2010 that without a significant injection of capital, or assurances of support that could be reasonably relied on, allowing Mainzeal to continue to trade was likely to expose creditors to serious loss, the justices said.
Mainzeal was balance sheet insolvent from 2005, albeit this was not apparent from its financial statements,” the court found.

In the end, Bank of New Zealand (BNZ), Mainzeal’s bank, called receivers into Mainzeal in January 2013 after it saw a letter from Yan in which he confirmed no financial support for Mainzeal would come from China.
Mainzeal’s debts to BNZ were paid in full.
Sub-contractors and Mainzeal staff were among debtors left out of pocket.

The creditors have waited a long time for this decision which brings to a close over eight years of prolonged court proceedings, including trials in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court,” he said.
At every stage of this long process, the defendants and their insurance company, QBE, have denied wrongdoing which has only delayed justice for the creditors,” McKay said."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
So glad, I hate that word: "zeal".
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(25-08-2023, 01:14 PM)zqwerty Wrote: So glad, I hate that word: "zeal".

Its not  a favourite of mine either, it always conjures up the phrase 'religious zealot'.

Quite pleased they didn't manage to wriggle out of this,all the same.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The price of wool is going to skyrocket with so many eyes to be covered during the next few weeks and months of fiscal chicanery being applied (with extra zeal).
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
That is one big insurance claim...

Couldn't happen to a better ex PM.
Is it "only pudding" if she gets her "just desserts"?
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(25-08-2023, 06:14 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: That is one big insurance claim...

Couldn't happen to a better ex PM.

There are one or two ex MP's I can think of...
Poor old Jenny, appeal is not an adjective that springs to mind. her brain is a bit deformed, and the rest follows like a backward sheep. But, her mother must have loved her.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(25-08-2023, 09:32 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Poor old Jenny, appeal is not an adjective that springs to mind. her brain is a bit deformed, and the rest follows like a backward sheep. But, her mother must have loved her.

I seem to recall her not being well liked even by Nat voters commenting on the old TM forums about her.