Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Seymour claim refuted
The idiocy of claiming that if Nelson Mandela was alive today, he'd support the ACT party has been strongly refuted by a grandson of Mandela. HOW the devil can a politician - even an ACT politician - be so incredibly stupid as to make such a claim??! Beyond bizarre! Rolleyes Confused Huh Huh

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/496...andson-say

"Nelson Mandela would not have campaigned for the ACT Party if he were still alive, the anti-apartheid activist's grandson says.
During a speech at the Moutere Hills Community Centre in rural Tasman on Thursday, ACT Party leader David Seymour told a crowd of 250 people that New Zealand had become a "lawless" country.
It was ACT's policy to put more people in prison, which he said was "some of the best money you can spend".

Seymour also touched on co-governance.
"Every country that has ever tried to do what this government has tried to do has either ended in disaster or successfully campaigned to reintroduce liberal democracy.

"I daresay if Nelson Mandela was alive today he would be campaigning for ACT."

Seymour was mocked on Twitter for his comment, which came to the attention of Mandela's grandson, Kweku Mandela.
"My grandfather definitely loved the people of New Zealand and I can say categorically he would not campaign for this today or any other day in the past," he tweeted on Saturday.

Asked for his response, Seymour said: "Far be it from me to question the great man's grandson, but Nelson Mandela did say 'all people are born equal, with each entitled in equal measure to life [and] liberty'.
"That is a core ACT value and why we are so opposed to co-governance."

At the time Mandela made his famous remark, he said people were also entitled in equal measure to "prosperity, human rights and good governance".
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
How  can you imagine there's any form of stupid beyond a politician in an election run-up?
Nelson was a person, not a politician!       

BTW stupid as applied to ACT is an incredibly versatile word. Infinity is a near close relative compared with ACT & Luxonburg.
However, if you wish to minimise effort and macsimise (sic) returns; turn ryte and vote stupid.

Politicians in election lead-up frenzy are totally redefining foolhardy. Especially ACT.
Bullshit is intended to be the staple diet for suckers, AKA voters. We appear to be on course for crap, crap and crap. Repeat every hour. Possibly with added spam.
Okay, nothing new, except that the Gnationall Party are doing very well on collecting dosh. For them this is important - way beyond a good idea.
I'm so surprised,  Yeah, Right.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Which is why he went to prison. Politicians don't.
Justice is funny that way . . .

I guess Justice looks different from here . . .

Do you realise their are those who believe that politics is / are relevant ? If so, then why did we get IQ's above 2.337?

"Politicians don't." Prisoners already have to watch TV. Compulsory consorting with politicians would be cruel.

If that were so, where else could they send the numbskulls? The Civil Service (actually, neither of the above) is already overstaffed.

Wink Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Seymour doesn't like the idea of cogovernance for exactly the same reason a whole bunch of other white middle aged damned fool men don't.

He doesn't want to share the power he thinks he is entitled to with anyone who doesn't fit his idea of 'equality'. That is - people like him. He's a fuckwit. And a selfish ignorant one at that.
He has set himself on such a high pedestal, that when there is a sniff of corruption about him, he will be torn to shreds and displayed to the public.

Waiting...waiting.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(27-08-2023, 07:40 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Seymour doesn't like the idea of cogovernance for exactly the same reason a whole bunch of other white middle aged damned fool men don't.

He doesn't want to share the power he thinks he is entitled to with anyone who doesn't fit his idea of 'equality'. That is - people like him. He's a fuckwit. And a selfish ignorant one at that.

Very succint summing up, bravo! Smile Big Grin

(27-08-2023, 12:14 PM)Zurdo Wrote: He has set himself on such a high pedestal, that when there is a sniff of corruption about him, he will be torn to shreds and displayed to the public.

Waiting...waiting.

Now would be an excellent time - & there surely has to be something...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)