Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Zealand is stupid
Watching  Q&A right now interviewing Rodney Jones and he is bang on the mark.
He says it as it is that NZ sold our cows cheap to China and now they are making dairy products on their own thanks to us.
We have been too reliant on China and we need to diversify our export markets ASAP and farmers need to move to lamb again like NZ was once famous for.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
The meat of that interview, I suspect, went right over many heads.
(27-08-2023, 09:45 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The meat of that interview, I suspect, went right over many heads.

Because we have so many stupid people!
(27-08-2023, 09:19 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Watching  Q&A right now interviewing Rodney Jones and he is bang on the mark.
He says it as it is that NZ sold our cows cheap to China and now they are making dairy products on their own thanks to us.
We have been too reliant on China and we need to diversify our export markets ASAP and farmers need to move to lamb again like NZ was once famous for.
New Zealand's agricultural industry is about to get an absolute thrashing from the move towards precision fermentation produced proteins. The differentiation we need to capitalise on is pasture grown traditionally produced meat and dairy but the customers that are able to afford such premium goods as they will be also shun environmentally degrading practices, which will become increasingly the case as the effects of industrial farming practices alter our climate, so our farmers need to get their shit together in this respect if they want to pursue that market.
(27-08-2023, 10:48 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(27-08-2023, 09:19 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Watching  Q&A right now interviewing Rodney Jones and he is bang on the mark.
New Zealand's agricultural industry is about to get an absolute thrashing from the move towards precision fermentation produced proteins. The differentiation we need to capitalise on is pasture grown traditionally produced meat and dairy but the customers that are able to afford such premium goods as they will be also shun environmentally degrading practices, which will become increasingly the case as the effects of industrial farming practices alter our climate, so our farmers need to get their shit together in this respect if they want to pursue that market.

Farmers would be out of a job if people buy fermented proteins, unless they start growing stuff to ferment.
Don't see any meaningful impact when all those plants will need synthetic fertilizer anyway.
Fermentation produces co2 anyway, and methane from animals is carbon neutral and only has a short half life in the atmosphere anyway.
I doubt our cows have any measurable effect on the climate.
(27-08-2023, 11:15 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(27-08-2023, 10:48 AM)harm_less Wrote: New Zealand's agricultural industry is about to get an absolute thrashing from the move towards precision fermentation produced proteins. The differentiation we need to capitalise on is pasture grown traditionally produced meat and dairy but the customers that are able to afford such premium goods as they will be also shun environmentally degrading practices, which will become increasingly the case as the effects of industrial farming practices alter our climate, so our farmers need to get their shit together in this respect if they want to pursue that market.

Farmers would be out of a job if people buy fermented proteins, unless they start growing stuff to ferment.
Don't see any meaningful impact when all those plants will need synthetic fertilizer anyway.
Fermentation produces co2 anyway, and methane from animals is carbon neutral and only has a short half life in the atmosphere anyway.
Your "doubts" mean diddly squat. You would also do well to watch this:

As I said, over some heads.
Usually I'd disagree with the sweeping statement made by the thread title. But I'm presently reading Fear, Byron C Clarke which is about the loony tunes brigade here, influemced by overseas far right nutters...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I found Byron's book fascinating.   I followed him and Rangi Kemara on Twitter throughout the Parliament anti-mandate protests and the information they shared from Telegram and other CT media was spine-chilling.
(27-08-2023, 07:05 PM)Olive Wrote: I found Byron's book fascinating.   I followed him and Rangi Kemara on Twitter throughout the Parliament anti-mandate protests and the information they shared from Telegram and other CT media was spine-chilling.

There are definitely some unbalanced people out there; some of the stuff is so bizarre that it makes me laugh at the sheer stupidity of what humans can get themselves to believe.

We're a very strange species.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I thought it was just me that was stupid - so glad the rest of the country is with me on this one.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(27-08-2023, 07:20 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I thought it was just me that was stupid - so glad the rest of the country is with me on this one.

Oh hell no - we seem to be the  (comparatively ) sane ones. Which is slightly worrying... Rolleyes Big Grin

There are some very gullible, unbalanced people out there who are ready to believe virtually anything. Some old style, 'keep women in their place' & keep yourself 'pure' by doing lots of exercise & praying frequently, Christianity. Confused Confused Dodgy Dodgy

Unbelievably there are even those who can manage to believe that 'those wicked jewish people are in an alliance with those wicked muslim people' & hell bent on taking over the world, by  somehow having spectacularly large numbers of children.  This despite the centuries of discord, violence & problems between the two religions.
 The ignorance of history is astounding.
(27-08-2023, 11:31 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(27-08-2023, 11:15 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Farmers would be out of a job if people buy fermented proteins, unless they start growing stuff to ferment.
Your "doubts" mean diddly squat. You would also do well to watch this:

Yay, genetic engineering to the rescue to save the planet!
Doubt that is going to wash well with the greens isn't it?
The irony that the greens are offered a "solution" to the climate crisis is a laugh to say the least.
Either way, that seems a rather bleak future if we are going to be living off this shit instead of meat and dairy.
The important word in that statement is 'living'.

It beats the hell out of the alternative.
(29-08-2023, 07:56 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(27-08-2023, 11:31 AM)harm_less Wrote: Your "doubts" mean diddly squat. You would also do well to watch this:

Either way, that seems a rather bleak future if we are going to be living off this shit instead of meat and dairy.
That might have been the point CT...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(27-08-2023, 09:56 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(27-08-2023, 09:45 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: The meat of that interview, I suspect, went right over many heads.

Because we have so many stupid people!
Never mind CT, read a lot, follow the news and you will improve  Tongue
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(29-08-2023, 08:25 AM)king1 Wrote:
(29-08-2023, 07:56 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Either way, that seems a rather bleak future if we are going to be living off this shit instead of meat and dairy.
That might have been the point CT...

If that's the case, we can expect to see a split in the greens, those that are the older hippie type that wanted all the G.E banned and then the more younger generation who will be all over the science to save us no matter what the cost.
(29-08-2023, 09:23 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(29-08-2023, 08:25 AM)king1 Wrote: That might have been the point CT...

If that's the case, we can expect to see a split in the greens, those that are the older hippie type that wanted all the G.E banned and then the more younger generation who will be all over the science to save us no matter what the cost.
A point that you're missing is the difference between GMOs contained within a research or laboratory setting versus allowing GMOs capable of self replicating out into the open environment. That is very much understood under Green ideology including the influence of unbridled commercial factors in attempting to cross that boundary.