Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JW parents would rather see their son dead
Than to accept a life saving blood transfusion.
These reddit posts really get me down when I read them, take a look at this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/1...ndoned_me/
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
these sort of posts should just reinforce how lucky you are not to be exposed to that sort of stupidity any more CT. Thanks for posting, was an interesting insight...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Never found out what they "witnessed" Anyone help? Smile
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(30-08-2023, 10:50 AM)Kenj Wrote: Never found out what they "witnessed"  Anyone help? Smile

I couldn't even figure out what it meant when I was a member.
Basically their second leader Joseph Rutherford back in the 1930s came up with a rebrand when he found a random scripture he felt would apply to the group (Isaiah 43:10)
They would always tell us that we were witnessing the work of God(aka jehovah), spreading the message when we knocked on doors etc, that's about it.
The only people who felt like they were "witnessing" anything God was doing was the members themselves, but that's the whole point I guess.

(30-08-2023, 10:35 AM)king1 Wrote: these sort of posts should just reinforce how lucky you are not to be exposed to that sort of stupidity any more CT.  Thanks for posting, was an interesting insight...

Most definitely
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
Its a great pity that we humans are so able & willing to get ourselves to believe just about anything, however utterly off the wall it is, & that so many of us have a need for some kind of belief system.
And we manage to inflict huge damage on ourselves & others as a result.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(31-08-2023, 03:32 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Its a great pity that we humans are so able & willing to get ourselves to believe just about anything, however utterly off the wall it is, & that so many of us have a need for some kind of belief system.
And we manage to inflict huge damage on ourselves & others as a result.

And not only after donning beer goggles either.    Doh
Entropy is not what
it used to be.