Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National's numbers on foreign buyers tax B.S.
According to this. Shamubeel  Eaqub & Fran O'Sullivan have a dim view of their policy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaKr-P5nZUI
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Foreign buyers will inflate property values. Again. Which will benefit who exactly?

Not the increasing number of renters, nor the young people who will never be able to own their own homes...

I find it amusing that with all the evidence foreign buyers were using the NZ system to launder money, efforts to stop that business were focused through banks having to check cash deposits. Nice bit of distraction, that.
National funding their policies by selling off anything that's not tied down. What's new?
(02-09-2023, 10:08 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Foreign buyers will inflate property values. Again. Which will benefit who exactly?

Not the increasing number of renters, nor the young people who will never be able to own their own homes...

I find it amusing that with all the evidence foreign buyers were using the NZ system to launder money, efforts to stop that business were focused through banks having to check cash deposits. Nice bit of distraction, that.

And like the idiots we clearly are, some of us will fall for it. Again. Rolleyes Huh
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)