Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Japanese Startup Is 3D Printing Small Homes With The Same Price Tag As A Car
Maybe an answer to expensive housing:

https://www.yankodesign.com/2023/09/03/a...-as-a-car/
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
Ugly!!! Yuk! Bigger than my bit of paradise though, lol...
(06-09-2023, 02:28 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Ugly!!! Yuk! Bigger than my bit of paradise though, lol...

Not beautiful, but not ugly. If you don't have a roof over your head it would be lovely...... Tongue Big Grin Big Grin
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Nah...

That would depress the hell out of any homeless person. I expect better of the Japanese.
(06-09-2023, 06:36 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Nah...

That would depress the hell out of any homeless person. I expect better of the Japanese.

Hmnn, as it probably would have been paid for by the taxpayer, I'm afraid i would tell any complainers to go sleep in your car then.

Can't expect better of the Japanese when you look at the tiny cars they make for the home market. (Kei cars) Most of them are just fugly. Hard to create beauty when you are restricted in size..... take me for example Tongue Big Grin Big Grin
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
And me! Unless round and wrinkly appeals, lol.

But the Japanese do have an incredible aesthetic sense. As a culture... Just look at those geishas for instance...
Finding the land to put the homes is the issue now it seems, particularly in Auckland and same goes for Tauranga.
China has been big on the whole 3D printing idea too.
And Oz. The last series of The Block had a pool house printed into being...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=382875417197339

I think it is the coils that put me off, reminds me of an unfinished coil built pot. Maybe it they plaster finish the walls it would appeal more to my western sensibilities!
Is it so nicely rounded to avoid injury if somebody inadvertently steps on one?

Tongue
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Ugly ugly ugly perhaps if you stuck a dozen or so together, they could work. And put some colour on the damn things - WHY the devil is everything regulation pale grey these days fgs??!
Incidentally, grey has to be the most depressing colour in existence, hideous, hideous colour.

Its a good idea in principle but needs work - & colour. Maybe get a Geisha to design one - I learned this week that Geisha literally means art person so they could hardly do worse. Smile
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(07-09-2023, 07:36 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Ugly ugly ugly  perhaps if you stuck a dozen or so together, they could work. And put some colour on the damn things - WHY the devil is everything regulation pale grey these days fgs??!
Incidentally, grey has to be the most depressing colour in existence, hideous, hideous colour.

Its a good idea in principle but needs work - & colour. Maybe get a Geisha to design one - I learned this week that Geisha literally means art person so they could hardly do worse. Smile

I will get my hair tinted right away. Pity, it took a long time to get this colour..  Tongue
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
If that price is in US$, a 37,600 dollar car might well be bigger than that house.
Would white with red spots suit? It works well on toadstools - - -
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Ash blond is not grey...
(08-09-2023, 09:24 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Ash blond is not grey...
 . . . isn't it just marking where a redhead's fire has gone out?

I may become a fugitive shortly. Anybody know where there's a one-armed man waiting to get blamed?
Angry
Entropy is not what
it used to be.