Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More famous dead people who'd definitely vote ACT
(25-09-2023, 10:38 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(24-09-2023, 06:45 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: You still don't answer the question, why do these billion dollar corporations need YOUR money in the middle of a coat of living crisis when many kiwis are struggling to pay at the pump?
Secondly, none of it can save the planet, and I'm sure our descendants will have far better technology to address this issue anyway. Likely they will be laughing at us how we all thought that our cars were changing the weather!

I wasn't aware there was a question in there.

But there is an answer to your quesiton as to "why do these billion dollar corporations need YOUR money in the middle of a coat of living crisis when many kiwis are struggling to pay at the pump?" & its much the same to the question of why are power bills, rents & groceries so high now.

Greed. Neo Liberalism is based on it...

Well if labour was really for the people,  they would be buying into this corporate greed and giving them huge handouts while many kiwis struggle to pay for fuel.
But that seems to be the idea, make driving cars so unaffordable that people will stop driving.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(25-09-2023, 10:02 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(25-09-2023, 10:38 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: I wasn't aware there was a question in there.

But there is an answer to your quesiton as to "why do these billion dollar corporations need YOUR money in the middle of a coat of living crisis when many kiwis are struggling to pay at the pump?" & its much the same to the question of why are power bills, rents & groceries so high now.

Greed. Neo Liberalism is based on it...

Well if labour was really for the people,  they would be buying into this corporate greed and giving them huge handouts while many kiwis struggle to pay for fuel.
But that seems to be the idea, make driving cars so unaffordable that people will stop driving.

Like hell they would. IF they had any vestige of social conscience they'd be removing Neo Liberalism& repairing the damage it's done here.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)