Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break the glass and hit the panic button Labour
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/...o-40s.html

Ouch.  Now the 3rd major poll puts labour in the mid 20s - disaster is looming.  This time in 2017 at similar levels Andrew Little stepped aside to allow Ardern in.  However this time there is  no lipstick for  the Labour pig.
Well, there is. Grant is still there...

Oh, and the last bit is a bit unnecessary.
(11-09-2023, 08:43 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Well, there is. Grant is still there...

Oh, and the last bit is a bit unnecessary.

Why unnecessary?  I know hard to hear but reality.  There is no one who can step in like Ardern did in 2017.
Bit rude though to put pigs and politics in the same sentence.

Pigs are more honest.
With all due respect to fuller figured ladies, the show hasn't concluded yet...

Not looking terribly promising right now, but they do say elections can swing week to week or some such...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(11-09-2023, 09:45 PM)king1 Wrote: With all due respect to fuller figured ladies, the show hasn't concluded yet...

Not looking terribly promising right now, but they do say elections can swing week to week or some such...
The opening of the financial records tomorrow will be revealing for both the government and the wannabees. Luxon and co will be left without any more excuses to put budgeting strategies behind their lolly scramble promises. Luxon and Willis are dodging questions like two bit car salesmen so far. It's high time they provided the electorate with some reality over where they plan to source their schemes from or they're in real danger of the wheels falling off their campaign, particularly with Seymour and Peters now putting the acid on them.

We're in for an interesting few weeks. Pass the popcorn Cool
It's the ordinary workers of NZ who should be hitting the panic button; if National gets into power again they are in for another term of being ripped off to fill the bank accounts of National businessmen as usual.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
That is one of my fears too, with any party that wants to put 'economy' before people. The economy we have now depends on exploiting low wages, high rents and property values, and unfair taxation. The total commitment to that old style of management over risking a new version ensures old evils continue to be bedded in regardless of the hidden costs to that very same old style economy.

But it takes guts to do something new and this lot, on whichever plank, lack courage.
(12-09-2023, 08:28 AM)zqwerty Wrote: It's the ordinary workers of NZ who should be hitting the panic button; if National gets into power again they are in for another term of being ripped off to fill the bank accounts of National businessmen as usual.
That's especially the case if National end up being dictated to by Seymour in the way he's threatened to do. Having that conniving little twerp essentially calling the government's shots is something that New Zealanders should be extremely worried about.
(12-09-2023, 11:02 AM)harm_less Wrote:
(12-09-2023, 08:28 AM)zqwerty Wrote: It's the ordinary workers of NZ who should be hitting the panic button; if National gets into power again they are in for another term of being ripped off to fill the bank accounts of National businessmen as usual.
That's especially the case if National end up being dictated to by Seymour in the way he's threatened to do. Having that conniving little twerp essentially calling the government's shots is something that New Zealanders should be extremely worried about.

they might be better off negotiating with labour - I imagine Chippy would be a bit easier to deal with...

Does that ever happen?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(12-09-2023, 11:10 AM)king1 Wrote:
(12-09-2023, 11:02 AM)harm_less Wrote: That's especially the case if National end up being dictated to by Seymour in the way he's threatened to do. Having that conniving little twerp essentially calling the government's shots is something that New Zealanders should be extremely worried about.

they might be better off negotiating with labour - I imagine Chippy would be a bit easier to deal with...

Does that ever happen?
What you're suggesting is known as a grand coalition. The factors are definitely there for it to occur but it would be a groundbreaking move.
(12-09-2023, 09:19 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: That is one of my fears too, with any party that wants to put 'economy' before people. The economy we have now depends on exploiting low wages, high rents and property values, and unfair taxation. The total commitment to that old style of management over risking a new version ensures old evils continue to be bedded in regardless of the hidden costs to that very same old style economy.

But it takes guts to do something new and this lot, on whichever plank, lack courage.

They do. Heaven forfend they should put aside petty differences & actually work together for the good of everyone - which is what they're supposed to be doing. In theory. Once upon a time.

The last thing needed now is a wealthy businessman in charge; they've no idea what the hell they're doing when it comes to consequences for ordinary people. And don't appeaqr to care.

(12-09-2023, 11:02 AM)harm_less Wrote:

I think he's untrustworthy & unreliable, interested only in helping the already well off rather than those who are struggling to cope thanks to 40 odd years of their Neo Liberal bullshit. 
They apparently don't mind kids going hungry, having homeless people & desperate people begging in the streets, as most of us do.

And I really don't think Luxon has much of a clue & its  quite likely Seymour will run rings around him.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(12-09-2023, 11:43 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(12-09-2023, 09:19 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: That is one of my fears too, with any party that wants to put 'economy' before people. The economy we have now depends on exploiting low wages, high rents and property values, and unfair taxation. The total commitment to that old style of management over risking a new version ensures old evils continue to be bedded in regardless of the hidden costs to that very same old style economy.

They do. Heaven forfend they should put aside petty differences & actually work together for the good of everyone - which is what they're supposed to be doing. In theory. Once upon a time.

The last thing needed now is a wealthy businessman in charge; they've no idea what the hell they're doing when it comes to consequences for ordinary people. And don't appeaqr to care.

(12-09-2023, 11:02 AM)harm_less Wrote: That's especially the case if National end up being dictated to by Seymour in the way he's threatened to do. Having that conniving little twerp essentially calling the government's shots is something that New Zealanders should be extremely worried about.

I think he's untrustworthy & unreliable, interested only in helping the already well off rather than those who are struggling to cope thanks to 40 odd years of their Neo Liberal bullshit. 
They apparently don't mind kids going hungry, having homeless people & desperate people begging in the streets, as most of us do.

And I really don't think Luxon has much of a clue & its  quite likely Seymour will run rings around him.

Yeah because the homelessness and begging has gotten SOOOOO much better under this Labour government ?
Interesting, I find Luxon to be one of the most sinister people I have ever seen, he is capable of acting that he is a nice person and is also capable of overlooking and judging his act, whatever it is, to see the effect the aforementioned act is having on the observers and if it is the desired result, a man to watch and be afraid of.

I would say a ruthless power broker of the previous John Key ilk at the very least.

The type of man who heads up corporations and exactly what we don't need to run the country.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(12-09-2023, 12:34 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Interesting, I find Luxon to be one of the most sinister people I have ever seen, he is capable of acting that he is a nice person and is also capable of overlooking and judging his act, whatever it is, to see the effect the aforementioned act is having on the observers and if it is the desired result, and man to watch and be afraid of.

I would say a ruthless power broker of the previous John Key ilk at the very least.

The type of man who heads up corporations and exactly what we don't need to run the country.

I dunno, did you read where I posted about our new Labour person standing to replace Nash here in the Napier Electorate...... a clinical psychologist is his current occupation. Just what we need??? Probably doesn't know stuff all about how the real world works Confused Confused Confused

And for those who wonder what the real world is, it is to do with making, selling, repairing and restoring things. And believe me, that's a lot of dollars on which tax is paid.
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(12-09-2023, 12:30 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote:
(12-09-2023, 11:43 AM)Lilith7 Wrote: They do. Heaven forfend they should put aside petty differences & actually work together for the good of everyone - which is what they're supposed to be doing. In theory. Once upon a time.

Yeah because the homelessness and begging has gotten SOOOOO much better under this Labour government ?

Which is rather the point is it not.  Rolleyes

NONE of the previous govts regardless of whether left or right, have done anywhere near enough to address that bloody great gap between rich & poor. And because they haven't, we'll be having to deal with the consequences of that for probably decades.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Yes Kenj I had read what you wrote, I think that a Luxon mentality is the worst possible type of mind we need to run this country, a driven profiteer, motivated by money in the bank, profits and highly organized worker exploiting systems (power and control which his type love).

Instead of designing resilient long-lasting low level organizations he will make complex vertical corporate structures which exploit the workers with a Titanic like superstructure of business types running things, organizations always teetering in a frantic driven economy.

A vote for National is a vote for 3 years and more of misery for the workers of NZ. Making sure these Luxon type of people never get in command of the NZ economy and how it is run again should be the agenda of all workers in NZ.
We get the leaders we deserve. So if the workers of NZ don't get out and vote, along with us other nutcases with strange politics, we will get exactly that.

John Key clones without the same level of cunning...
(12-09-2023, 01:26 PM)Kenj Wrote: And for those who wonder what the real world is, it is to do with making, selling, repairing and restoring things. And believe me, that's a lot of dollars on which tax is paid.

They destroyed our making and selling industries, it's so much cheaper to import junk. I'm in the repairing and restoring industry, and still doing it everyday at 70...because I have to.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(12-09-2023, 01:26 PM)Kenj Wrote: zqwertyInteresting, I find Luxon to be one of the most sinister people I have ever seen, he is capable of acting that he is a nice person and is also capable of overlooking and judging his act, whatever it is, to see the effect the aforementioned act is having on the observers and if it is the desired result, and man to watch and be afraid of.

I dunno, did you read where I posted about our new Labour person standing to replace Nash here in the Napier Electorate...... a clinical psychologist is his current occupation. Just what we need??? Probably doesn't know stuff all about how the real world works Confused Confused Confused

And for those who wonder what the real world is, it is to do with making, selling, repairing and restoring things. And believe me, that's a lot of dollars on which tax is paid.

Kenj, can you explain what is wrong with a clinical psychologist as a Labour candidate?   It seems like a useful trade to me in these days of mental health challenges.