Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to obtain a house floor plan
I am wanting to obtain the floor plan of two houses in Auckland for use in a court cass. I have  tried Auckland council with little success and I wondered if there was somewhere else that I could go to. What I am trying to ascertain is how many bedrooms there are in  both houses.

Thanks for your help
Try https://homes.co.nz/map. Doesn't have floor plans but gives details of building based on council records.

By the way, is "court cass" any relation to Mama Cass?
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
just a note on homes.co.nz - it's an excellent tool, but the info they source isn't always accurate - our place was listed on homes as 3 bedroom when it is actually 4.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(13-09-2023, 09:08 AM)king1 Wrote: just a note on homes.co.nz - it's an excellent tool, but the info they source isn't always accurate - our place was listed on homes as 3 bedroom when it is actually 4.

Agree.   The details are often wrong, and because the owner has the ability to make changes there is further likelihood of inaccuracies.

A LIM report will often have a floor plan; not always, but might be useful as a last resort.
I'm surprised that the Council can't help. Here in New Plymouth it is possible to get original building permit documents for houses in our district. I've actually done just that for a house we'd previously lived in so I could design a house based on the same floor plan.

Come to think of it I did the same thing for our current property (as did a draughtsman recently) to find drainage/septic tank locations, and prepare building renovation plans respectively.
Councils have varying degrees of quality in their records and the websites that draw from "official" records are full of errors. We have a house for which the council has no records at all (lost in a fire). Another one where the property websites don't show our purchase. And for our own house it thinks it's 4 bedroom when it's only three. No help to the OP I'm afraid, just a warning that if you do find something online it may not be correct anyway.