Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How millionaires see wage earners.
Just ask why so many of them are paying National and ACT.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/...-must-rise
I do have other cameras!
I feel the point he is missing is that it won't just be all the builders who are unemployed in a higher unemployment economy, it will be everyone, and that happens when the economy is tanking and everyone is laying off staff. That equals less people able to buy the many houses he is building?

Now in his perfect world where there will be a myriad of builders and other tradies available for him to pick and choose from to achieve the higher productivity he is looking for and by the sounds of it, a more obedient and compliant staff, the building sector has to tank... hope he can survive that...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
"Australian property developer Tim Gurner says employees have become too arrogant, and that unemployment must rise substantially to lift productivity, especially in the construction sector.

“They have been paid a lot to do not too much in the last few years, and we need to see that change,” he told the AFR property summit in Sydney. “I think the problem that we’ve had is that people decided they didn’t really want to work so much any more through Covid.”

Well - isn't he just ever so lovely! I do feel for the poor man though - people just aren't willing to do much in the way of grovelling & forelock tugging these days & they do seem to have an inexplicable preference for not actually dying of starvation.

It was probably attitudes like his which led to th revolutions in France & Russia.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Don't despair, the Barons have a time tested remedy for disposing of surplus serfs. Before they start uniting, engage them as cannon fodder, to be handsomely paid in the new currency after the tumult and the shouting dies. Boldly ally us with either Ukraine or Russia dependent on the cost-benefit ratios offered, and send off our gallant Serf Infantry to the sound of the new patriotic music being composed by the Baronial Music Think Tanks. Those not volunteering for this brave new world will of course be tried and shot as cowards in the time tested way. Their relations will of course not inherit anything as it will all lawfully pass to the Barons under the new laws.
Bishop Brian will bless the proceedings if he knows what's good for him.
The Greens will support it as it reduces overpopulation of the planet, and they've been promised new cycleways as the former depressed areas become urban parks.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
LOL R2x1, getting a bit too close for comfort with those inner visions.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
It's not good, my tongue is definitely under pressure and my cheek is feeling the tension.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(14-09-2023, 12:20 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Don't despair, the Barons have a time tested remedy for disposing of surplus serfs. Before they start uniting, engage them as cannon fodder, to be handsomely paid in the new currency after the tumult and the shouting dies. Boldly ally us with either Ukraine or Russia dependent on the cost-benefit ratios offered, and send off our gallant Serf Infantry to the sound of the new patriotic music being  composed by the Baronial Music Think Tanks.  Those not volunteering for this brave new world will of course be tried and shot as cowards in the time tested way. Their relations will of course not inherit anything as it will all lawfully pass to the Barons under the new laws.
Bishop Brian will bless the proceedings if he knows what's good for him.
The Greens will support it as it reduces overpopulation of the planet, and they've been promised new cycleways as the former depressed areas become urban parks.

Ah yes - fight for 'King & country', fight for 'democracy'. I'm sure the McBishop will bless the proceedings; he's on the side of profit & likely has shares in arms & undertaking businesses so knows what's good for him. Besides, some young men tend to look rather good in uniforms. At least while they're still alive...

My sons are happily, too old to be sent off to 'save the world' & I've made it very clear to both grandsons that if there's ever a war I intend to remove a toe or too so they're unfit.
 Fairly sure they didn't believe me. Rolleyes

Not even slightly patriotic music.
Buffy St Marie
The war racket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzG_4e8yGew

Lyrics
Ooh you're slick
You investors in hate
You Saddams and you Bushes
You Bin Ladens and snakes
You billionaire bullies
You're a globalized curse
You put war on the masses while you clean out the purse

And that's how it's done war after war
You old feudal parasites just sacrifice the poor
You've got the cutting edge weapons
But your scam's still the same as it's been since the Romans
It's the patriot game
It's the war racket

You twisters of language
You creeps of disguise
Your disinformation
Like worms in your eyes
You privileged bankers
You gambler thieves
You profit on war
There's less money in peace

That's how it's done time after time
Country after country, crime after crime
You pretend it's religion and there's no one to blame
For the dead and impoverished in your little patriot game
Honey, that's the war racket

Got the world's greatest power and you team up with thugs
Make a fortune on weapons, destruction and drugs
But your flags and boots and uniforms start to all look the same
When both sides are killing in the patriot game
It's the war racket

And that's how it's done, and you've got our sons
In the cross-hairs of horror at the end of a gun
And your national anthems start to all smell the same
When all sides are dying in the patriot game
It's the war racket

And war is never, ever holy
It's just a greedy men's dream
And you two-faced crusaders
Both sides are obscene
War's not made by God
War's made by men
Who misdirect our attention while you thieves do your thing

And that's how it's done
About every thirty years
The rich fill their coffers
The poor fill with tears
The young fill the coffins
The old hang a wreath
The politicians get photographed with their names underneath

It's the war racket
It's the patriot game
It's the war racket

Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: Buffy Sainte-Marie
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)