Poll: Who impressed you the most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
James Shaw
66.67%
4 66.67%
Grant Robertson
0%
0 0%
Nicola Willis
16.67%
1 16.67%
David Seymour
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The (not so) Great Debate
We'll that was underwhelming, 

Grant Robertson: pretty much on the defensive the whole time
Nicola Willis: seemed like she was in a high school debating competition, name dropping more than a few times
David Seymour: comes across as if human and social costs don't even cross his mind as the dollar signs whizz by.
James Shaw: the only one that seemed to actually care about something other than the politics TBH...

just my two cents...

Not sure why National don't think it's important to explain the costing of the tax cuts, harms the credibility big time imo

anyone else inflict death upon 1000 brain cells by watching it?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I watched the whole thing. Robertson did a good level headed job of countering accusations from Seymour and Willis. Seymour was in full interjection mode and Willis refusing to put any substance to National's lofty tax cut policy or any other of their schemes for that matter. James did a good job of pulling the debate over to include environmental and social focusses while keeping out of the unruly behaviour of others.

Took a while to get Tame's microphone levels down initially but perhaps that was to better allow him to exert dominance over the poorly behaved politicians.

I'm looking forward to watching Chippy going head to head with Luxon. I suspect Luxon will be shown up for his lack of political skills and hopefully under the control of an adjudicator as effective as tonight's.

For background info this is worth listening to (if it's still available): https://thekaka.substack.com/p/wednesday...st#details
In the interests of fairness, I want to be as well informed and interested in politicians and their doings as they are about the non-politicians, so naturally I didn't watch it. That would have involved watching television and I am right out of anti-nausea pills.

Tongue
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
I didn't watch it either, in the interests of My Poor Head, but I'm voting Green anyway because everyone should, if only to give those other twits a boot up the arse.
I managed to watch for about 20 minutes (muted the Queenstown mayor's drivel) but couldn't bear the variations in volume - Jack was deafening, Nicola shrieking and distorting, Grant quiet as a mouse - so gave up.

James Shaw always talks good sense, Seymour behaves like a trainee stand up comic.
(15-09-2023, 08:28 AM)Olive Wrote: I managed to watch for about 20 minutes (muted the Queenstown mayor's drivel) but couldn't bear the variations in volume - Jack was deafening, Nicola shrieking and distorting, Grant quiet as a mouse - so gave up.

James Shaw always talks good sense, Seymour behaves like a trainee stand up comic.

the sound levels were annoying, they did manage to sort that out after a half hour or so...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
I make a point of watching as little as possible of politicians.
I do have other cameras!
I didn't get a chance to see it as I was out last night, will need to catch up on demand.
Might need to grab the popcorn!