Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The leader's debate tonight - 19th September 2023
An entire two bloody hours fgs! 
WHO in their right mind could stomach two hours of politicians making promises & pretending they're genuinely interested in anything other than being in govt??
I don't know anyone who would, or could.

I saw Moana interviewing Wily Winston on Te Ao last night - the man's an expert at wriggling away fron a straight answer & as she's interviewed him before she knew what was coming & had trouble keeoing a straight face. I doubt he's ever in his entire life given anyone anywhere a straight answer.

Next week she's interviewing David Seymour finally; it was supposed to be last week but they did the item on Australia & their vote instead - should be an interesting result.

And I'm keen to see David Seymour be interviewed by Moana; she didn't let Christopher Luxon get away with anything so perhaps the same will apply.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
A Truly Shakesperean performance?

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING.
Preceded by :  BRING ON THE CLOWNS.

It is not particularly likely that any politician is interested in addressing people in their right minds.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(19-09-2023, 11:49 AM)R2x1 Wrote: A Truly Shakesperean performance?

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING.

Preceded by :  BRING ON THE CLOWNS>

Very well summed up! Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Hipkins needed to nail it........he didn't.

Luxon also didn't score a knockout but his jabs were painful.
For those with environmental and social support leanings that debate was a good promo for the Greens.
Wasn't it just. I do not know how those two can stand up and call themselves leaders. Their clear intentions are to pretend climate change doesn't really exist though mouthing the opposite, while doing nothing at all. Our very own Neros fiddling while Aotearoa heats up.
(19-09-2023, 08:51 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: Hipkins needed to nail it........he didn't.

Luxon also didn't score a knockout but his jabs were painful.

Hipkins - - Agreed.

Luxon
Not quite as painful as his delusion of adequacy. Sad really. But, compared to Pope Brian he looks moderately good.
Luckily he doesn't really need to do any better; considering the quality of the choir he's preaching to.
The supporters he intends to support have already paid their 100's of K$ entry fee for a good spot at the trough.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
A bit of a yawnfest...
Hipkins needed to come out swinging and he didn't.
Luxon was more of the same yada yada yada but you can't really trust a word that he says, and he seems to have an affinity for taking credit for others achievements, if what the panel said is correct.
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(20-09-2023, 08:53 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Wasn't it just. I do not know how those two can stand up and call themselves leaders. Their clear intentions are to pretend climate change doesn't really exist though mouthing the opposite, while doing nothing at all. Our very own Neros fiddling while Aotearoa heats up.

The best that can be hoped for is that most voters are as fed up with the two of them & their wilfully ignoring the mess we have as we are, & will vote accordingly.

Watching those two, you'd think neither of them had any kids who will have to live in our future mess. Shame on the pair of them. Dodgy
Bryan Bruce on the leader's debate.

https://www.facebook.com/www.redsky.tv

"Then ,as the debate progressed, it became clear that my choice is National’s return to the hard line neoliberalism of the 1980’s of less government in our lives and promoting the interests of the already wealthy and Labour’s soft -line neoliberalism of wanting to promote social wellbeing but failing to recognize that to fix the poverty problem you have to fix the untaxed wealth accumulation problem . (Their own tax working group told them as much when they recommended a Capital Gains Tax)

I think it’s clear a vote for National is a vote for house prices to rise, for the already wealthy to get richer and for the many to struggle to make ends meet.
While Christopher Hipkins rates better on the transparency scale in my view , it seems to me that a vote for Labour is a vote for how things are …and with one child in every 5 living in a home that struggles to put food on the table .. things are not great and Labour’s failure to grasp the untaxed wealth nettle means this issue among many other social problems are not going to be solved any time soon

As someone who thinks we should have a fairer society where people don’t have to line up for food hand outs and every child should get the chance to be the best that they can be , as i say, I found this debate deeply frustrating . "
Me too. Vote Green.
Kermit isn't standing, is he??
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(20-09-2023, 02:09 PM)Kenj Wrote: Kermit isn't standing, is he??

I call that a damned shame - he could hardly do worse. Dodgy

Kermit for leader! Rolleyes Big Grin
Best of all, Frogs are not likely to seek a second or third term in office.
Not too sure i would like an incentive of free worms, but I would have no objection whatsoever to paying my taxes in flies.
Those opposed to sea level rises might not get much sympathy from amphibians.

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Frogs do not live in the sea. But I am sure they would oppose the rise in sea levels, nevertheless.

The reason I suggest voting Green - aside from the sheer commonsense of the proposal - is it would annoy the hell out of the majors if they lost votes to the frogs...
I would vote for the McGillicudy Serious party if their policy was to crack down on gangs and associated lawlessness.

The case on the AM show this morning just after 6am about the Taranaki Mongrel Mob cretins who beat to with an inch of his life, an IHC bloke at Maccas BECAUSE HE WAS WEARING A RED JERSEY. It was his big thing in his life for the poor guy to go there frequently and get some food, A pox on these cowardly low life bastards!!!

And now, the three that were caught arrested and sentenced to 3 yrs 3 mnths jail are appealing to the Supreme Court saying the sentence (which carries a 5 yr max) is to excessive for the crime.

Excuse me, but Fuck them all and their dirty cretinous lives and may they die and rot in the fires of hell!

I am not normally a swearing person but boy I feel bad about this.
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
Completely warranted too kenj. Nasty little souls hide behind some of those patches. Anyone who thrives on cruelty must be a truly twisted creature.
Agree.   The reasons given in support of their appeals against sentence were ridiculous  and horrifying.   "I only punched him four times", "It was all over in 60 seconds of blinding rage".

And most often gang violence is confined to gang members, but this was inflicted on a vulnerable and innocent member of the public.
Totally ignorant of the fact the blinding rage bit was their responsibility, not their victims...

Another case of 'you made me do it'...
The gangs need to turn around and help Maori, not exploit them. As one gang member said here - ''We promised to give up drugs....but not to stop selling them.''
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society