Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternatives to petrol motors
Electric powered vehicles are very much the thing these days but that is nothing new. Electric cars have been around for many years but they have just not had the affect that you might think with all this talk of climate change.
But with the advent of electric vehicles finally having an effect around the world, it reminded me of that which my dad told me when I was a boy in the 50s. He said that there were a few individuals that same up with alternatives to the internal combustion engine but they never got anywhere because when the petrol companies heard about these alternatives they bought up the ideas and then promptly shelved them. They just did not want the competition.
But I don't remember my dad telling me what some of the alternatives were. Perhaps someone knows what some of these alternatives were? I suppose electric would have been one and possibly cng may have been another but does anyone have any idea what some of the other alternatives that were shelved may have been? I'd be interested to know.
Compressed air?

https://www.airfuture.co.nz/airpoweredcars
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
The rumour I remember is water powered engines.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
The more things change the more they stay the same. The concerted efforts of the fossil fuel companies is all too evident now as EVs threaten to steal their captive customer base. The amount of FUD being spread about EVs is far too organised and repetitive to be just the murmuring of the media plebs and the ever noisy petrol heads. It is being whipped into a frenzy by corporate efforts. Internal combustion engines are part of a technology that is hitting its twilight.

The writing is on the wall for the oil companies and they well know it. The world it is a'changing and the fossil fuel industry will be relegated to the history books  in the same way that horses and carts were and our environment will be all the better for it.
There was the Joe Cell, I remember people saying they were going to make one....don't remember one happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK7TI4JmPGU
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society