Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nats to "crack down on people on benefits"
(30-09-2023, 04:37 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: So it's probably a good thing that National plan to increase the benefit paid to those receiving it then?
"increase the benefit paid to those receiving it" while also cutting $2billion from benefits. Good trick bro! Rolleyes
(30-09-2023, 06:09 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(30-09-2023, 04:37 PM)C_T_Russell Wrote: So it's probably a good thing that National plan to increase the benefit paid to those receiving it then?
"increase the benefit paid to those receiving it" while also cutting $2billion from benefits. Good trick bro! Rolleyes

There is always a catch... Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(30-09-2023, 06:09 PM)harm_less Wrote:

so with these numbers Luxon will also know exactly how many welfare payments he will be cutting out - to save that $2Billion and give the rest a pay rise...

I have absolutely no idea what the actual welfare payment amounts might be on average, but maybe one could estimate maybe $800/week? - 41600/year
$2B / 41600 would be about 48,500 benefits goneburger.

Doesn't include any allowance for the pay rise, which i am picking will be next to nothing knowing National. How do those numbers sound?
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
"We love you" so we're going to make your lives even harder & more miserable. They "don't want to", but they will anyway.

They must be well aware that this WILL make it far more diffiuclt for young families, but it seems they'd rather ignore that inconvenient fact. Because that gains them votes from the vindictive & ignorant.

https://www.teaonews.co.nz/2023/09/27/na...n-by-love/

"The party, which unveiled the traffic-light system to put restrictions on beneficiaries who failed to meet their obligations, also says it doesn’t want to target young families with financial punishments.
Its social development spokesperson Louise Upston told Checkpoint on Tuesday the sanctions could be “effective in encouraging movement from benefits to work”.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)