Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting data on Labour spending
https://www.bassettbrashandhide.com/post...s-spending

Worth a read Huh Huh
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
That reads like a list compiled by someone with an anti-covid/mandate, anti-maori, border-line pro white agenda...

Good for toilet paper, to paraphrase wainuiguy...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
and after further reading, might as well add anti environment and anti climate change...

(28-09-2023, 11:17 AM)king1 Wrote: and after further reading, might as well add anti environment and anti climate change...

I did wonder if the URL was revealing of its origins and mindset. Bassett, Brash, Hyde?
Spread that neoliberal propaganda, why don't you...
I do have other cameras!
Have spent time in my younger days with the Brash person I am reluctant to go there in case I get stains.
doesn't really qualify as 'data' either TBH - the lamentation of a select few over government spending is all that list represents...

A very long "lamentation" - but which parts are true and which aren't ?
(29-09-2023, 01:27 PM)decibel Wrote: A very long "lamentation"  - but which parts are true and which aren't ?

well that really is the problem with a list like that - an awful lot of it is subjective and in the eye of the beholder, so to speak...

There are a lot of NUMBERS in there - it may not be to your political taste or even mine, but which bits are wrong?
(29-09-2023, 01:48 PM)decibel Wrote: There are a lot of NUMBERS in there - it may not be to your political taste or even mine, but which bits are wrong?

The decision was made to spend the money, the values themselves are irrelevant now.   The only relevant factor now is the subjective 'was it value for money spending' aspect, and for that there is no right or wrong answer, just subjective opinions.

(29-09-2023, 01:48 PM)decibel Wrote: There are a lot of NUMBERS in there - it may not be to your political taste or even mine, but which bits are wrong?
The aspect that came to mind for me is what is the total of all those listed 'expenses'? A long way short of the "$139 billion per year" stated in the lead paragraph I would suggest. 

The problem is that most people go into a flat panic with mention of millions or billions but when broken down a million equates to 20c per capita, and a billion is $200/NZer. That breakdown applies to both expense to every NZer but also the real cost of implementing meaningful investment for all. The lack of awareness of sizeable monetary amounts is also a big part of the reason significant lotto winners often will have little to show for it a decade or so down the line.
(29-09-2023, 02:41 PM)harm_less Wrote:
The aspect that came to mind for me is what is the total of all those listed 'expenses'? A long way short of the "$139 billion per year" stated in the lead paragraph I would suggest. 

The problem is that most people go into a flat panic with mention of millions or billions but when broken down a million equates to 20c per capita, and a billion is $200/NZer. That breakdown applies to both expense to every NZer but also the real cost of implementing meaningful investment for all. The lack of awareness of sizeable monetary amounts is also a big part of the reason significant lotto winners often will have little to show for it a decade or so down the line.

True, but I'd rather have my $200 than let those useless Labour twits lose it. Tongue
(29-09-2023, 02:55 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(29-09-2023, 02:41 PM)harm_less Wrote: The aspect that came to mind for me is what is the total of all those listed 'expenses'? A long way short of the "$139 billion per year" stated in the lead paragraph I would suggest. 

True, but I'd rather have my $200 than let those useless Labour twits lose it. Tongue
Do you get the winter energy payment Kenj? That would be about the right amount wouldn't it?

Something like that. I don't really know as my wife gets it in her account. Good eh!

Also were given $50 worth of petrol vouchers. My wife had not long had Covid when our jabs were due. As there has to be a 6 months wait, they contacted us when time was up and said they would come to our house and do it. She said, no worry, we'll just go to the local pharmacy and get it done but, no, they insisted. When it was done he gave us the vouchers and when we asked why, he said everyone gets them. Yours and my tax dollars. Great aye?
(29-09-2023, 04:15 PM)Kenj Wrote: Something like that. I don't really know as my wife gets it in her account. Good eh!

Also were given $50 worth of petrol vouchers. My wife had not long had Covid when our jabs were due. As there has to be a 6 months wait, they contacted us when time was up and said they would come to our house and do it. She said, no worry, we'll just go to the local pharmacy and get it done but, no, they insisted. When it was done he gave us the vouchers and when we asked why, he said everyone gets them. Yours and my tax dollars. Great aye?

possibly an indication of how important the vaccines are to the government - cheaper than a hospital stay...

Well they certainly spent millions no a firearms register that makes criminals of law abiding citizens if they do not register their firearms in time, yet totally ignores all the illegal guns owned and imported along with the drugs by the real criminals.

The register will not make the public any safer than they already are as the Canadians found out, all it will do is cost multi millions to administer. And it is not even correct, if you try and register a firearm that is not on their proscribed list you have to phone them, I have a rifle that comes apart for transport there are plenty more of the same make out there, I know of one currently for sale that looks just like mine but in a different calibre. I could buy it and just swap the barrels over and it would work. My rifle has a different serial no on the barrel to the action and they told me on the phone to only put one down and not both as it can't be done, so now I have a rifle registered that technically is registered incorrectly so making me a criminal by default. I made them email me to say its legal so I have it on record. I could put up a 100 or more other instances just like this.

I doubt Nats will drop it unless it can be proven quickly how much of a money pit it is.

And don't forget how much Nats spent on a flag thing $26 million springs to mind. They all waste money as its not theirs
It's hard to fly like an Eagle when surrounded by Turkeys
(29-11-2023, 08:58 PM)Garysixtyseven Wrote: Well they certainly spent millions no a firearms register that makes criminals of law abiding citizens if they do not register their firearms in time, yet totally ignores all the illegal guns owned and imported along with the drugs by the real criminals.

The register will not make the public any safer than they already are as the Canadians found out, all it will do is cost multi millions to administer. And it is not even correct, if you try and register a firearm that is not on their proscribed list you have to phone them, I have a rifle that comes apart for transport there are plenty more of the same make out there, I know of one currently for sale that looks just like mine but in a different calibre. I could buy it and just swap the barrels over and it would work. My rifle has a different serial no on the barrel to the action and they told me on the phone to only put one down and not both as it can't be done, so now I have a rifle registered that technically is registered incorrectly so making me a criminal by default. I made them email me to say its legal so I have it on record. I could put up a 100 or more other instances just like this.

I doubt Nats will drop it unless it can be proven quickly how much of a money pit it is.

And don't forget how much Nats spent on a flag thing $26 million springs to mind. They all waste money as its not theirs
Why do you have a rifle?
I do have other cameras!
(30-11-2023, 06:02 AM)Praktica Wrote:
(29-11-2023, 08:58 PM)Garysixtyseven Wrote: Well they certainly spent millions no a firearms register that makes criminals of law abiding citizens if they do not register their firearms in time, yet totally ignores all the illegal guns owned and imported along with the drugs by the real criminals.

Why do you have a rifle?

Why do you have a camera?
(30-11-2023, 10:05 AM)SueDonim Wrote:
(30-11-2023, 06:02 AM)Praktica Wrote: Why do you have a rifle?

Why do you have a camera?

To take a photo of what you have just shot with your rifle? Big Grin Big Grin