Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to bash workers
David Seymour found another way to make it harder for working people. Goodbye to those fair pay agreements & the Jan 2nd holiday. 

He claims the latter is to 'absorb the cost of Matariki' but then he'd hardy admit to deliberately doing his best to inflame race relations, would he.

The 90 day 'trial' would return if he gets his way so  some employers  will love it.

https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star-nat...5GpcKuQlq8
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(30-09-2023, 03:41 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: David Seymour found another way to make it harder for working people. Goodbye to those fair pay agreements & the Jan 2nd holiday. 

He claims the latter is to 'absorb the cost of Matariki' but then he'd hardy admit to deliberately doing his best to inflame race relations, would he.

The 90 day 'trial' would return if he gets his way so  some employers  will love it.

https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star-nat...5GpcKuQlq8

I was just reading that piece about his announcements today, a perfect encapsulation of the cruelty of ACT's policies, also a thinly veiled racist dogwhistle (referring to the alleged economic cost of Matariki with no acknowledgement of its social and cultural benefits).
Interesting thought via a friend today. If we get this coalition government, the thought was that within a relatively short time we would be heading into another election. That the average fair minded kiwi couldn't go with many of the measures being promoted, on top of the chaos within the new government as Luxon tries to hold it all together.

Better the devil we know?
(30-09-2023, 07:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Interesting thought via a friend today. If we get this coalition government, the thought was that within a relatively short time we would be heading into another election. That the average fair minded kiwi couldn't go with many of the measures being promoted, on top of the chaos within the new government as Luxon tries to hold it all together.

My thoughts exactly. A NAct/NZF coalition will be a marriage from hell and cannot be expected to hold together for long. Luxon's inexperience will either see him relinquish his leadership to god knows who and/or see him absolutely dismembered by Seymour and Peters.
(30-09-2023, 08:06 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(30-09-2023, 07:33 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Interesting thought via a friend today. If we get this coalition government, the thought was that within a relatively short time we would be heading into another election. That the average fair minded kiwi couldn't go with many of the measures being promoted, on top of the chaos within the new government as Luxon tries to hold it all together.

My thoughts exactly. A NAct/NZF coalition will be a marriage from hell and cannot be expected to hold together for long. Luxon's inexperience will either see him relinquish his leadership to god knows who and/or see him absolutely dismembered by Seymour and Peters.

I'd like to think so. But in the days of the Shipley govt when Ruth Richardson slashed benefits & caused widespread poverty ( which people are still struggling with) anyone who spoke out against it was ignored or vilified.
That govt had been given three models of welfare cuts; one which was likely to cause hardship, one which was likely to cause extreme hardship & one which was somewhere between the two.
They chose the extreme hardship model.
We've had decades of greed based Neo Liberalism during which those who speak against it are ignored.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)