Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luxon to speak in Greymouth brewery....
He's either brave or foolhardy. The Labour party began on the Coast.... Rolleyes

They don't tend to be very right wing & have been a law unto themselves to a great extent. But as his Mum was apparently born there, he should be aware of that.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Luxon is the arch-enemy of all Old Labour supporters.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(04-10-2023, 02:43 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Luxon is the arch-enemy of all Old Labour supporters.

Absolutely - surprising he's ventured over there.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(04-10-2023, 02:43 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Luxon is the arch-enemy of all Old Labour supporters.

Labour is the arch enemy old Labour supporters.  They haven't represented these types of voters for 30 years.
When I used to go to the monthly Canterbury Trades Council meetings in the 1970s Mary Batchelor was the only local Labour MP who would regularly attend. Other Labour MPs would suddenly come out of the woodwork a couple of months before an election to pretend that they cared about workers.
Wainuiguy, yes you are right, more's the pity, Richard Prebble, Roger Douglas and David Lange are mostly to blame for that.

May their names be cursed forever.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(05-10-2023, 09:00 AM)zqwerty Wrote: Wainuiguy, yes you are right, more's the pity, Richard Prebble, Roger Douglas and David Lange are mostly to blame for that.

May their names be cursed forever.

And all those in both main parties who continued to impose Neo Liberalsim on this country even after some of the damage done was clear, & who still, even now are seeking to continue with it.  And may they come to understand all the harm they've done.

Dodgy