Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woohoo! WE're getting a space minister if the Nats win!
And we've so sorely needed one for so very long,too. However have we managed without one for all these years, why people have been simply gagging for a space minister for decades now.

And its not as though we have homeless people or beggars in the streets is it, or anyone in desperate need of  health care from an overstretched system..

The man's a complete fuckwit (sorry admin, no other way to express it!) & shameless with it, prepared to promise anything at all in order to gain votes. It wouldn't surprise me if that lot said they'll bring back the sodding death penalty in order to gain votes from the vindictive & uninformed. Unfreakingbeliebvable!

Dodgy Angry

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic...e-minister

"Speaking at Rocket Lab HQ, National leader Christopher Luxon has promised to create the role of Minister for Space if he's the next prime minister.

The National Party's space policy document said the Minister for Space would "promote space and advanced aviation in New Zealand and improve the performance of regulators".
New Zealand’s commercial aerospace industry employs 12,000 people and contributes $1.7 billion to the economy. New Zealand is one of only 11 countries with active launch-to-orbit capability, with Rocket Lab launching more than 30 times from the Mahia Peninsula," he said."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
After looking at their list of hopeful but hopeless candidates, it appears they have a considerable depth among their space-minded qualifiers.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Lead us to the stars Mr Luxon, and please, take willis and Seymour with you.
(05-10-2023, 02:39 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Lead us to the stars Mr Luxon, and please, take willis and Seymour with you.
And Winnie. Don't leave Winnie here! Rolleyes
(05-10-2023, 05:36 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 02:39 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Lead us to the stars Mr Luxon, and please, take willis and Seymour with you.
And Winnie. Don't leave Winnie here! Rolleyes

Excellent point - they can't go unless they take Winnie! They all deserve each other.... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

Just imagining their trip cheers up the rest of us immensely. Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(05-10-2023, 06:20 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(05-10-2023, 05:36 PM)harm_less Wrote: And Winnie. Don't leave Winnie here! Rolleyes

Excellent point - they can't go unless they take Winnie! They all deserve each other.... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin

Just imagining their trip cheers up the rest of us immensely. Big Grin

Add a bit of spice to their trip, Chuck Rawiri whatshisname and James Shaw and his cis lady co-pilot in there as well. It would never get off the ground as they wouldn't even agree what time departure was. Tongue
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
That'll do! It's not Green policy to promote space travel...
They were joking on the radio that it's there so they can give Winston the position and keep him occupied with something outside of NZ.
But seriously, it's probably useful, given our space industry and the fact that national set up the NZ space agency to begin with.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
More useful than a .Minister for poverty?
(06-10-2023, 10:09 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: More useful than a .Minister for poverty?

We could do with one of those, & leave the space minister until we've eradicted poverty - I'm sure it won't take long with such an incentive... Rolleyes Big Grin
(06-10-2023, 10:09 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: More useful than a .Minister for poverty?

lol, the space industry brings a ton of money into NZ and provides jobs!
(06-10-2023, 10:50 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:

lol, the space industry brings a ton of money into NZ and provides jobs!

And as I said, it might be a good idea at some point in the future, when we've dealt with all those other more pressing problems.
(06-10-2023, 10:56 AM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 10:50 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: lol, the space industry brings a ton of money into NZ and provides jobs!

And as I said, it might be a good idea at some point in the future, when we've dealt with all those other more pressing problems.

Well it doesnt cost more, its just a position someone already elected is being paid anyway.