Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Shaw lied, and NIWA say Gabrielle is not due to climate change
Why did he lie about his university qualifications?
We need an explanation.
Interesting what NIWA are now coming out regarding our "extreme weather events" and climate change.

https://theplatform.kiwi/podcasts/episod...e-comments
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
Ohhhh for fucks sake CT!

Go bury ya head.
(06-10-2023, 10:30 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Ohhhh for fucks sake CT!

Go bury ya head.

The truth hurts does it? The MSM very conveniently dont want to cover this.
If it was Chris Luxon, they would be all over it wouldn't they?
No. 'They' wouldn't. Because it isn't the truth.

While we are on the subject, please tell us who, in your opinion, is qualified in the area they are supposed to be representing as a political leader. You might start by looking at finance, or education, or or the environment...

Seems to me health is the only area where our leaders have any acquaintance with at all!

As for James, he did at least attend a university, even if he didn't complete. Tell us, did you?
You surely have to admit that it is odd that Shaw tried to claim he had a BA from Victoria when he never completed it? He's updated his Linkedin profile now to acknowledge that he never completed the degree, however it previously quite unequivocally stated that he had been awarded the degree.

It is also perfectly logical to question how he managed to be accepted into the masters programme he completed at the University of Bath. Given that entrance required a 2:1 Honours degree, and he hadn't even achieved a basic non-honours bachelors degree, he either received some sort of special dispensation, or else he lied on his application and submitted a fraudulent academic record. The fact that he's ignored all questioning on the matter, and refuses to explain how he was able to do the masters without satisfying the entrance requirements, suggests that he isn't proud of how he managed to get accepted, i.e. it suggests the fraud/deceit explanation.

His lying on Linkedin re. the BA and his not satisfying the standard entrance requirements for the MA is objective fact. So there being zero mention in the mainstream media is extremely odd. The surmisation regarding why he won't explain the MA acceptance anomalies is just my "reckon", so I'd be interested if anyone can come up with a more logical explanation.
(06-10-2023, 11:43 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: No. 'They' wouldn't. Because it isn't the truth.

While we are on the subject, please tell us who, in your opinion, is qualified in the area they are supposed to be representing as a political leader. You might start by looking at finance, or education, or or the environment...

Seems to me health is the only area where our leaders have any acquaintance with at all!

As for James,  he did at least attend a university, even if he didn't complete. Tell us, did you?

Qualifications mean nothing if they are not in an area that is beneficial.

Experience is more important, and out of anyone standing, Winston has the most experience, he is a veteran and his members are well qualified.
ACT has a good bunch of well qualified people too.
Its been very hard for me to choose who to vote between both NZF and ACT, but NZF wins for me, especially when it comes to immigration.
But NZF/ACT and to some extent national, have alot of things in common when it comes to farming, climate change and co-governance.

(06-10-2023, 12:10 PM)dken31 Wrote: You surely have to admit that it is odd that Shaw tried to claim he had a BA from Victoria when he never completed it? He's updated his Linkedin profile now to acknowledge that he never completed the degree, however it previously quite unequivocally stated that he had been awarded the degree.

It is also perfectly logical to question how he managed to be accepted into the masters programme he completed at the University of Bath.  Given that entrance required a 2:1 Honours degree, and he hadn't even achieved a basic non-honours bachelors degree, he either received some sort of special dispensation, or else he lied on his application and submitted a fraudulent academic record.  The fact that he's ignored all questioning on the matter, and refuses to explain how he was able to do the masters without satisfying the entrance requirements, suggests that he isn't proud of how he managed to get accepted, i.e. it suggests the fraud/deceit explanation. 

His lying on Linkedin re. the BA and his not satisfying the standard entrance requirements for the MA is objective fact.  So there being zero mention in the mainstream media is extremely odd.  The surmisation regarding why he won't explain the MA acceptance anomalies is just my "reckon", so I'd be interested if anyone can come up with a more logical explanation.

Well said
Oooh - the cookers see the greens as a threat, and start generating rumours...
I do have other cameras!
Referring to people as "cookers" is about as constructive as me calling you a "commie".

The issues around Shaw's academic record aren't rumours, they are objective fact:
1. Until recently, his Linkedin education section listed a BA from Victoria (I saw it myself, and there are plenty of screen grabs out there) whereas it has now been updated to say that he didn't complete the degree.
2. Standard entrance requirements to the MA programme he completed at Bath included a 2:1 Honours undergraduate degree whereas (as per point 1) he didn't have any undergrad degree at all.

The only conjecture is around why he chose to initially lied about having a BA, or how he managed to get into the MA without meeting standard requirements.
Being admitted to a post grad programme rarely depends on a single factor.

Experience certainly matters, but for some areas of political governance an appropriate qualification seems logical. As in our doctors in the Health portfolios. But in the others, qualifications seem patchy at best, so don't pick on James. Be even handed, and check out the others. After all, with many of them their appropriate experience or training is tenuous at best.

And at least James isn't a first time MP, with very little experience in real world politics.

(06-10-2023, 01:30 PM)dken31 Wrote: Referring to people as "cookers" is about as constructive as me calling you a "commie".

The issues around Shaw's academic record aren't rumours, they are objective fact:
1. Until recently, his Linkedin education section listed a BA from Victoria (I saw it myself, and there are plenty of screen grabs out there) whereas it has now been updated to say that he didn't complete the degree.
2. Standard entrance requirements to the MA programme he completed at Bath included a 2:1 Honours undergraduate degree whereas (as per point 1) he didn't have any undergrad degree at all. 

The only conjecture is around why he chose to initially lied about having a BA, or how he managed to get into the MA without meeting standard requirements.

My undergrad education wasn't formally accepted by the uni that went on to award my masters degree either. Lots of candidates do not have formal qualifications, every application is considered on its unique merits. Though I believe PhDs are a bit more strict.

Even so, Christchurch's Wizard managed to get admitted to one PhD programme. Student loan and all.

I wonder how he did, brave soul.
I'm not at all concerned with whether or not he is sufficiently academically qualified to be a politician/cabinet minister etc. I have an "unqualified" staff member who is great, and another with a relevant bachelors who is pretty hopeless. So I well know that subsequent experience generally counts for far more than academic study carried out years ago.

My concern with Shaw is with regard to his integrity and honesty. He lied about the BA, there is no question about that. With regard to entrance to the MA, he may well have followed the correct process, submitted valid documentation and just received special dispensation to enter without the required academic prerequisite, however why doesn't he just come out and say that?
Why should he? Why are you focusing on him and none of the other hundreds of politicians ?

Dirt digging is good exercise, but you do get muddy in the process.
(06-10-2023, 02:14 PM)dken31 Wrote:  With regard to entrance to the MA, he may well have followed the correct process, submitted valid documentation and just received special dispensation to enter without the required academic prerequisite, however why doesn't he just come out and say that?

My guess, he is probably having a prepared statement curated which will be checked and signed off by a panel, lest it be misinterpreted or misconstrued by a certain sector of society - it takes time...

My money is on the linkedin profile was setup by a junior someone, who heard he attended uni and assumed he finished...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(06-10-2023, 10:33 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 10:30 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Ohhhh for fucks sake CT!

Go bury ya head.

The truth hurts does it? The MSM very conveniently dont want to cover this.
If it was Chris Luxon, they would be all over it wouldn't they?

The 'truth?!" Rolleyes Rolleyes
 With all due respect, you wouldnt know the truth if it jumped up & bit you on the bum.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(06-10-2023, 02:30 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Why should he? Why are you focusing on him and none of the other hundreds of politicians ?

Dirt digging is good exercise, but you do get muddy in the process.

Depending on who does it, sometimes the dirt gets horribly polluted too!
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(06-10-2023, 10:26 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Why did he lie about his university qualifications?
We need an explanation.
Interesting what NIWA are now coming out regarding our "extreme weather events" and climate change.

The James Shaw Linked In issue has been well covered by the others. I would only add that I went "off" Linked In when someone sent me an invitation and Linked In harassed me for months. I consider them spam.

For the part about NIWA, again, if you were to link to where NIWA actually said whatever they "said" I might follow up and read commentary about the comments. Or I might read Sean Plunket and others for entertainment but it's not evidence of anything.
This ^^^^^

Especially the last bit, lol.
(06-10-2023, 10:26 AM)C_T_Russell Wrote: Why did he lie about his university qualifications?
We need an explanation.

Sean Plunket and Ian Wishart Rolleyes 
Good luck with gaining anything reliable from them. I ditched Investigate magazine many years ago as its content increasingly went off the CT deep end.