Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaders debate - 5th October 2023
Winston made a very good point that the Paris accord prevents any measures to affect food production.
James Shaw doesnt care about that and wants less animals but thinks that farmers can make more money as a result? WTF?
He also wants emissions pricing on animals. Crock of shit.
Then Winston adds that international markets would have to make up for our reduced exports when they emit more emissions than us anyway.
Seymour also had sensible policies regarding climate change.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
Greens will be getting my vote this year. Shaw was the only one who seemed clued up.

Winston is a bit Bidenesque, in that he seems to ramble on about nothing in particular, often forgetting what he's talking about. Plus his awareness of party policy is problematic...

Seymour/Rimmer's wooden delivery is just so jarring I can't get involved. He could promise the world, but he's only ever going to get a meh out of me.

Luxon and his cronies are horrendous, and Chippy is a nice guy but the party is a bit of a mess, so I'm left with the Greens.

Or NZ Loyal. Bit of a toss-up...
(06-10-2023, 01:49 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Greens will be getting my vote this year. Shaw was the only one who seemed clued up.

Winston is a bit Bidenesque, in that he seems to ramble on about nothing in particular, often forgetting what he's talking about. Plus his awareness of party policy is problematic...

Seymour/Rimmer's wooden delivery is just so jarring I can't get involved. He could promise the world, but he's only ever going to get a meh out of me.

Luxon and his cronies are horrendous, and Chippy is a nice guy but the party is a bit of a mess, so I'm left with the Greens.

Agreed. Shaw was the one participant who could cogently state policies and was aware of the contributing effects towards the issues we face from factors that the others just see in isolation.

Winston is living in the past. The Maori Party guy was playing to his support base and Seymour seems to think that if the government take away any sort of control measures things will work themselves out, which is a very scary scenario.

Shaw's comment that voting for NAct will result in 'these guys' in charge. Spot on and the comment today I've heard about a 'sackful of cats' seems very apt.

I'm suspecting that the Green vote is going to surprise the pollsters and make them a key part of whatever political bargaining we see post election.

Admin Comment
I'm thinking we should date these threads related to a specific event and date - I have amended the title of this thread as an example

This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
(06-10-2023, 02:52 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(06-10-2023, 01:49 PM)yousnoozeyoulose Wrote: Greens will be getting my vote this year. Shaw was the only one who seemed clued up.

Agreed. Shaw was the one participant who could cogently state policies and was aware of the contributing effects towards the issues we face from factors that the others just see in isolation.

Winston is living in the past. The Maori Party guy was playing to his support base and Seymour seems to think that if the government take away any sort of control measures things will work themselves out, which is a very scary scenario.

Shaw's comment that voting for NAct will result in 'these guys' in charge. Spot on and the comment today I've heard about a 'sackful of cats' seems very apt.

I'm suspecting that the Green vote is going to surprise the pollsters and make them a key part of whatever political bargaining we see post election.

Frankly, I'd prefer a sack full of cats...

Yes it wouldn't surprise me if the Green vote is far bigger than expected; the media might get a bit of a shock. With any sort of luck.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)