Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banksy may be unmasked
https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/300983986/...court-case

"Elusive British street artist Banksy may be forced to reveal his identity after being named in a High Court case, reports say.
According to the Daily Mail, Joy Millward is the wife of Robin Gunningham, 50, who has been named in a High Court lawsuit against “The Artist known as Banksy” as the first defendant.
She later set up Principle Affairs, a lobby group for charities and is thought to have met Gunningham in around 2003.
They reportedly wed in Las Vegas in 2006 but are understood to keep to themselves, even amongst neighbours. One source told the Daily Mail: “Even those they occasionally speak to have no idea who they really are.
The only people who know his real identity are those in the inner circle, who have been vetted. Some of Joy's relatives have not been told who her husband is or what he does.”
For years, Banksy's real identity has been an unsolved mystery amongst the press and public."

The painter's works - often adorning the facades of houses which appear to be chosen at random - can see buildings shoot up in value, leaving their owners dumbfounded.
Andrew Gallagher, a rave pioneer and graffiti influencer, is suing “The Artist Known as Banksy” for defamation, while Pest Control Ltd - which sells Banksy's artwork - is listed as a co-defendant.
Gallagher's lawyers have reportedly refused to divulge details of the case, citing confidentiality, but the court hearing could force Banksy's identity out into the open.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
that has to be the worst kept secret these days, I read somewhere yonks ago that it was Robin Gunningham
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Why would anyone want to do that? It is part of his practice! He makes art. Nothing else matters...
The other party in the case is also an artist, a BS artist.
An influencer; thus lower than a snollygoster*.

* For those unfamiliar:  A Georgia editor kindly explains that “A snollygoster is a fellow who wants office, regardless of party, platform or principles, and who, whenever he wins, gets there by the sheer force of monumental talknophical assumnacy”.

Columbus Dispatch, Ohio, 28 Oct. 1895.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(06-10-2023, 05:28 PM)R2x1 Wrote: The other party in the case is also an artist, a BS artist.
An influencer; thus lower than a snollygoster*.

* For those unfamiliar:  A Georgia editor kindly explains that “A snollygoster is a fellow who wants office, regardless of party, platform or principles, and who, whenever he wins, gets there by the sheer force of monumental talknophical assumnacy”.

Columbus Dispatch, Ohio, 28 Oct. 1895.

i think the term 'influencer' probably says it all...
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
(06-10-2023, 02:44 PM)king1 Wrote: that has to be the worst kept secret these days, I read somewhere yonks ago that it was Robin Gunningham

Agreed, I thought it was well known that it was him