Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cal Wilson dead
Bugger.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/ce...es-aged-53

"Stand-up comedian, writer and actor Cal Wilson has died, aged 53, her agency said on Wednesday.
Wilson died after a short illness at Royal Alfred Hospital in Sydney, the ABC new in Australia reported.
In a statement released on Wednesday morning, Token Artists said: “We are devastated to share the news that Cal Wilson, the much-loved stand up comedian, writer and actor died today, surrounded by family and friends after a short illness at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney. She was 53 years old.”
Cal’s generosity, talent and friendship have been constants in the Australian comedy scene for the last twenty years. Cal was loved by her family, friends, fans and peers and a huge hole has been torn in the heart of our community.”
Originally from Christchurch, New Zealand, Wilson moved to Melbourne in 2003 to star in the sketch show, Skithouse. She went on to become one of Australia’s best-known comedians with appearances on Spicks and Specks, Good News Week, Would I Lie To You and in her own Netflix stand-up special."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I suppose her ill health is the reason that the screening of Australian Bakeoff was suspended until later in the month.   I had assumed it was because of the election coverage.

She looked very much like a good friend of mine, who is  also uninhibited, kind hearted and eager to please.
(11-10-2023, 06:41 PM)Olive Wrote: I suppose her ill health is the reason that the screening of Australian Bakeoff was suspended until later in the month.   I had assumed it was because of the election coverage.

She looked very much like a good friend of mine, who is  also uninhibited, kind hearted and eager to please.

Its always the good ones who die early - mongrels like Trump, however just seem to hang on & on.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/entert...-collapse/