Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a fun morning I've had...
Woke up this morning to two of my PCs having a serious hissy fit...

First one was an i7-7700K intel box that I use for a bit of Monero mining and as a STORJ node.  It just missed out on Windows 11 upgrade via official channels, so I upgraded it via other means to Win11 a couple of months back.  This morning it was stuck in a windows update boot loop... I seem to remember MS saying something about this with unofficial upgrades.  Anyway that one is now reinstalled back to Windows 10 where it can stay for a bit longer....

The other one, the power supply had died, swapped out and back up and running...

Bad luck I guess, joys of tech...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
They say - "everything comes in threes". In your case, I hope not.
got that covered...
our "third" was going out to vote this arvo and coming back to our glass topped outdoor furniture table having been picked up and glass smashed to smithereens against the fence by these stupid Cantab winds we've been getting all day...  So over it...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Those boot loops after failed updates always get to me, used to see it alot in windows 8.
Or else you would just get a spinning wheel or a black screen of death.

One thing I miss in the days of xp was the repair install option, you used to be able to reinstall windows and typically repair the system without needing to run windows to perform it. Saved my ass many a time.
(15-10-2023, 09:04 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Those boot loops after failed updates always get to me, used to see it alot in windows 8.

One thing I miss in the days of xp was the repair install option, you used to be able to reinstall windows and typically repair the system without needing to run windows to perform it. Saved my ass many a time.

WE always turn our glass top table upside on the lawn when high winds are forecast. Cool
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
(16-10-2023, 01:03 PM)Kenj Wrote:
(15-10-2023, 09:04 AM)nzoomed Wrote: Those boot loops after failed updates always get to me, used to see it alot in windows 8.

WE always turn our glass top table upside on the lawn when high winds are forecast. Cool

That's out of the frying pan & into the fire . . .
Do you realise how vulnerable that makes you to low winds?

Angry
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(16-10-2023, 01:03 PM)Kenj Wrote:

How are you? Did everything go well?