Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xtra email set up on Android phone
I have my extra email setup on my Outlook 2019 many years ago  and it's working fine.

I want to set up my xtramail on my Android phone.  Setting up should be easy and straight forward, but I would like clarify the following before I go ahead:

1.  In my Outlook 2019, I have ticked the option to leave a copy at the server, can I do this on the Android phone?
2.  When an email is opened from my phone, will I still get a copy of the email send to my Outlook 2019? 
3.  Or, to make things simpler, is there a way to set up Outlook 2019 to forward any new email Automatically to my gmail account on my Android phone?  I have my gmail account set up on my phone.

Thanks.
(15-10-2023, 08:53 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote: I have my extra email setup on my Outlook 2019 many years ago  and it's working fine.

I want to set up my xtramail on my Android phone.  Setting up should be easy and straight forward, but I would like clarify the following before I go ahead:

1.  In my Outlook 2019, I have ticked the option to leave a copy at the server, can I do this on the Android phone?
2.  When an email is opened from my phone, will I still get a copy of the email send to my Outlook 2019? 
3.  Or, to make things simpler, is there a way to set up Outlook 2019 to forward any new email Automatically to my gmail account on my Android phone?  I have my gmail account set up on my phone.

Thanks.

1.  phones are always set to leave mail on the server
2. generally yes, the only exception would be if outlook 2019 is setup with POP and the option to leave a copy at the server is turned off - in that situation Outlook could download the message, it would be removed from the server and the phone would never see it...
3 On the xtra mail website, https://webmail.xtra.co.nz  there is a forwarding option in the mail settings

If you use IMAP on all email clients ie Outlook 2019, android mail etc then the email will stay synchronised with the mail server ie delete from one device deletes from all, sent from one shows on all etc
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Thanks, king1
I have Gmail on my phone, and 2 xtra accounts as well I juggle between. Like, I open Gmail, and there are my xtra email addresses.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society