Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another quake hits Afghanistan
Perhaps their deity is trying to tell the Taliban something.

This is the third quake in a week, a 6.3  & 90% of those killed in the earlier ones were women & children. People are having to sleep in tents, & the weather is becoming colder.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-67114332
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
That place is on quite an active fault.
Much like turkey, and unfortunately building standards are not very high and as a result many lives are lost.
(16-10-2023, 02:51 PM)nzoomed Wrote: That place is on quite an active fault.
Much like turkey, and unfortunately building standards are not very high and as a result many lives are lost.

Its just a shame the quakes didn't only kill Taliban. Although...even they probably don't deserve that.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Here's the link for donations.   MSF serves these devastated communities without political or religious bias.

https://donations.msf.org.nz/donate-now
(16-10-2023, 06:22 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(16-10-2023, 02:51 PM)nzoomed Wrote: That place is on quite an active fault.

Its just a shame the quakes didn't only kill Taliban. Although...even they probably don't deserve that.

It seems there is no end of Taliban, not even the US was able to eliminate them!
Perhaps we could donate the Bishop Brian, then we could try Life Without Brian.
The Taliban might not appreciate the gift, but we would; fervently.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(17-10-2023, 02:05 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Perhaps we could donate the Bishop Brian, then we could try Life Without Brian.
The Taliban might not appreciate the gift, but we would; fervently.

Very,very tempted to say surely they've suffered enough....

But no, those bastards definitely haven't, not when they're murdering little girls & preventing women from getting an education, so lets send the bugger. Post him off with no return address!

Rolleyes Big Grin
"Life Without Brian" - LOL very good R2x1
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(17-10-2023, 02:26 PM)zqwerty Wrote: "Life Without Brian" - LOL very good R2x1

Big Grin Big Grin