Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new low; hospital hit in Gaza
And obviously, each side is blaming the other. 
No doubt the hospital jumped in the way of any weapons being used.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/middle-eas...ital-blast

"Israelis and Palestinians are blaming each other for the devastating explosion at the al-Ahli hospital in Gaza that local authorities say has killed at least 500 people.

The Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza immediately blamed Israel who were conducting daily airstrikes in the Palestinian enclave, in response to the October 7 Hamas massacre of at least 1400 Israelis.

Soon after though, the Israeli Defence Force (IDF) denied responsibility in widely shared social media posts, saying they do not target hospitals.

Later, in an interview with CNN, IDF spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Conricus said: “We did not strike that, and that the intelligence that we have suggests that it was a failed rocket launch by the Islamic Jihad, and I want to add, categorically, that we do not intentionally strike any sensitive facilities, any sensitive facilities, and definitely not hospitals."

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu blamed the “barbaric terrorists in Gaza” for “attacking” the hospital. “Whoever brutally murdered our children is also murdering their children,” he said. "

YES, they are aren't they, & that would be HUMANS wouldn't it, murdering each other's children because we're too stupid to learn from the past & try to work towards peace. HOW exactly can he say that, yet still apparently not comprehend that both sides are as bad as each other is mind boggling. Dodgy

"The Israeli claims the attack was a misfired rocket from Islamic Jihad were rejected by the group, who had an association with Hamas but were not one and the same.

In a comment reported by the New York Times, Islamic Jihad spokesperson Daoud Shehab denied the Israeli claim that their errant rocket had caused the deadly hospital explosion."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The Israelis say they have radar information and intercepted phone calls which support it being a misfired rocket, from behind the hospital.
I do have other cameras!
Open source intel suggests the rockets came out of Gaza.
Not exactly surprising since they are cheap "home made" rockets made from rocket candy and are not only unreliable but dont have any precision.
If Israel has proof from radar and other sources, then I guess that should settle it, but we dont need this situation to escalate any further.
It is common knowledge that Palestinian militants deliberately set up their missile firing sites in/next to hospitals and schools, willingly using their own young/sick as human shields. Combine that with the fact that they're firing home-made rockets and this sort of "friendly" fire incident is hardly a surprise. It doesn't make it any less horrific though.
Yes your right, they do typically use hospitals and schools as human shields.
Looks like the MSM are actually incorrect about the number dead, and the rocket or whatever it was just hit the carpark and that the hospital didnt even suffer alot of damage, no matter who was at fault.
Do some research and you will find drone imagery of the site, so you can make your own conclusions.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
Whichever side is responsible, this should be sufficient to call a halt to allow refugees sufficient time to leave rather than pretending they can all just get out in time.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It needs to stop, but I must say that it appears it hasnt escalated like many thought.
It looks like Israel has shifted attention to attacking militants based in Lebanon for the time being.
If Israel go hard into Gaza, then many lives will be lost.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.