Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good job for A I...
Few weeks back I heard on RNZ the Justice Dept was having difficulties finding enough jurors for upcoming trials. And then yesterday I received a notice of Jury Duty.

I have been on two juries over the years and been a witness in a rather nasty Supreme Court case so I am not unfamiliar with the experience, but on this occasion I will be joining the large numbers of folk who say thanks but no thanks, simply because of the physical challenges involved.

But it occurs to me, this would be a good job for robots, for Artificial Intelligences. They could take the emotion out, wouldn't get tired, and would be an excellent foil for all those overpriced lawyers who pride themselves on strategies that win cases for miscreants, who deserve but escape their comeuppance...
it will be a short leap to an AI Judge and jury then, what could possibly go wrong...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Same thing that goes wrong now don't you think?
might be a different set of problems - that is the big unknown with AI... At the moment AI isn't terribly clever, but down the track, who knows...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
If we are not careful we will be in a situation like the matrix where AI takes over the world, might not happen in our lifetime, but hollywood has a habbit of foretelling sci-fi becoming reality.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
Scary thought really - in siome ways an excellent idea, but if we remove emotion from it then we may fail to make allowances for what may have led up to the crime.

The other thing is that sooner or later some enterprising human may find a way around AI & be able to manipulate it to their advantage; I've read one or two sci fi books along those lines.

The system we have is far from perfect & could do with some improvements but I don't think AI is the way to do that unless we can somehow foolproof it.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)