Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube Ad blockers are not allowed on You Tube

The above pops up since yesterday.  Does it mean that we have no choice but to endure all those endless ads from now on?

Is YouTube Premium free or needs to pay?
I saw that as well and just ignored it - X top right...

My adblocker still works...
This world would be a perfect place if it wasn't for the people.

Sharesies | Buy Crypto | Surfshark VPN | Cloud Backup
Youtube Premium is $17.99 a month, with the first month free. My son told me that, from reading blog posts, he learned that the notice starts to appear more and more often, then later it has a timer which makes you wait before you can get past it, then finally it presents you with an ultimatum to turn off your ad blocker or cop a ban.
I do have other cameras!
$17.99 /month is far too much.
i've only seen it once a couple of weeks backs, not for lack of trying.

But I don't sign in to google, always signed out.

I also use various chrome extensions
ublock origin - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...phjbkeiagm
Behind the overlay - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...ebcednbbme

Tampermonkey with the following scripts - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...ldmpobfkfo

- Assassinate Ad Block Blockers script
- Anti-Adblock Killer | Reek
- Don't track me Google

I don't but you probably could use a VPN if you were signed out... I believe EU countries are specifically allowed by law to use adblockers and websites cannot block, or so i've read

Be interesting to track this one, i'll post if I see it any more...

(19-10-2023, 01:16 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote: $17.99 /month is far too much.

and adverts are also a security risk, poisoned adverts, scam websites etc

use youtube.   Get your content providers to move.

Youtube is nothing without content
As in #2. I also ignored it and after a couple of shows it seems to have gone.
Just found this on Reddit, try at your own risk, NOTE: easy to revert back to original filters

EducationYSK: New method to bypass youtube's ad blocker detection (self.YouShouldKnow)

submitted 8 hours ago * by Cryptlsch

Why YSK: To not waste time on advertisements

As you probably know youtube has a new method to "detect" the usage of adblockers. And since everyone wants to waste their time on videos and not on advertisements, follow these steps to go around youtube's new method and use adblocker.

Step 1: Turn off all browser extensions (which are related to adblocking and/or youtube) and remove (or disable) any ad blockers. After that restart your browser.

Step 2: Install the browser extension ublock origin.

Step 3: Go to ublock settings interface

Step 4: Click on the tab "My Filters"

Step 5: Copy and paste the following code and save the changes.

youtube.com##+js(set,yt.config_.openPopupConfig.supportedPopups.adBlockMessageViewModel, false)

youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.adBlocksFound, 0)

youtube.com##+js(set, ytplayer.config.args.raw_player_response.adPlacements, [])

youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.hasAllowedInstreamAd, true)

Step 6: Restart your browser and enjoy ad free youtube.

Extra notes:

If this doesn't work try the following:

Uninstall ublock and reinstall.Check for interfering extensions (youtube enhancers / adblockers)Empty cache

Enjoy Smile
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
I found that having a smart daughter that includes me on a Youtube Premium Family subscription is extremely effective.
After watching somebody else's non-premium session I reckon that $30 a month would be an absolute bargain, but then I don't watch TV because occasionally a program will sneak through and blight my session of viewing adstreams. There is only a 3.725% chance it will be an interesting channel, but why take the risk?

Aside from Toyota, Briscoes and a couple of German cassette tape ads the only ad I recall at all was the very first TV ad I saw:, it was for Harpic (in B&W), but which certainly did nothing to remove the crap that followed from polluting the screen.

Huh
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
I got this on Chrome browser  and it eventually locked me out.  Did a search and found  Adblocker for Youtube  which works fine on YT now.  No ads until Google tuffens up again.

(19-10-2023, 01:16 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote: $17.99 /month is far too much.

Sure is.  No way  am I paying this on top of other things.
You could try FreeTube the private YouTube client https://freetubeapp.io/ you can either download and watch or use in a browser.
I use uBlock origin and get no adverts in You Tube, or TVNZ.
TVNZ is allergic to vpn's.
Another pop up today saying that the video player will be blocked after 3 videos, or something to that effect.

YT is going to block totally.  It's a pain to watch youtube without adblocks. 

Any new suggestions?

Update:   Totally blocked.

(09-11-2023, 12:49 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote: Another pop up today saying that the video player will be blocked after 3 videos, or something to that effect.

YT is going to block totally.  It's a pain to watch youtube without adblocks. 

Any new suggestions?

Update:   Totally blocked.

Not sure you have stated just what browser and adblocker you are actually using? 

I use ublock origin, and am always signed out of google - I saw something similar a few months back but just the once...

personally in that situation i'd just do the 'report an issue' and say it is blocked in error and you don't use adblockers, answers to that effect.  Google don't read anything, it is all automated, so maybe, just maybe it might be nice and ease up on the restrictions...

I am using Firefox 119.0.1 with ublock Origin and Adblock Plus.
I always sign out of Google, too.
Just use uBlockOrigin, get rid of AdblockerPlus.

Clear your internet cache, ie Firefox/History/clear recent history/tick all/Clear Now, make sure you know your passwords before doing this.

Try again.
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
.. Clear your internet cache, ie Firefox/History/clear recent history/tick all/Clear Now, make sure you know your passwords before doing this...

Tick all .. including Data site settings and Offline website data?
(09-11-2023, 04:41 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Just use uBlockOrigin, get rid of AdblockerPlus.
Agree with that... 

Looking online it looks like Adblock Plus is now owned by a couple of advertising companies...

(09-11-2023, 03:27 PM)Galaxy01 Wrote: I am using Firefox 119.0.1 with ublock Origin and Adblock Plus.
I always sign out of Google, too.

yep I would say lose the ABP as well.

If your keen have a read up on there acceptable ads program.  It may well be this that is allowing youtube to detect the adblocker... 

and clearing the site data and cookies wouldn't hurt afterwards either