Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protests against Israel/Gaza war
An Israeli police boss threatened to send protesters to Gaza on buses

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/10/1...a-on-buses

"Israel’s police chief, Kobi Shabtai, has said there will be “zero tolerance” for protests in support of Gaza in Israel, threatening to send anti-war demonstrators to the besieged Palestinian enclave that Israel has been bombarding daily for nearly two weeks.

Meanwhile, the ethics panel of the Israeli parliament has voted to suspend a left-wing parliament member, Ofer Cassif, for what it deemed as anti-Israel statements after the war broke out.
Cassif had given an interview in which he accused the government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of enacting a plan in Gaza, which he compared with the Nazis’ “Final Solution” against Jews in Europe.
In a social media post published on Wednesday, Cassif called the Knesset’s decision “another nail in the coffin of freedom of political expression”.

In each of my interviews, I emphasised my complete condemnation and deep disgust for the criminal massacres by Hamas. The political statements against the occupation and the war are not statements against Israel, since peace and justice also serve it and its inhabitants,” he said."

There have also been protests against the war in America.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67155421

"At least 300 people have been arrested near the US Capitol after a protest against the Israel-Hamas war.

That number is likely to rise as more arrests are processed, police said, adding that three people were charged with assaulting a police officer.

Most were arrested inside the Cannon House Office Building, where protests are not permitted.

The demonstrators called on President Joe Biden and Congress to push for a ceasefire in Gaza.

The rally in Washington DC was organised by two fringe left-wing Jewish campaign groups, Jewish Voice for Peace and If Not Now, which advocate against the State of Israel.

Police closed streets around the Capitol complex on Wednesday, saying a large group of protesters were walking in the road."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)