Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaza bombing horrific'
According to medicin sans frontieres. They're calling for an aid corridor.

I'd like to think Israel might find sufficent compassion to do so but with their present leader it seems unlikely.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/500502/...d-corridor

"A international medical charity has condemned the bombing of a hospital in Gaza as 'horrific' and 'brutal'.

Médicins Sans Frontières (MSF) Australia head of programs Simon Eccleshall told Checkpoint it did not matter who was responsible.

"MSF is truly horrified by the brutal mass killing of civilians, and we've been seeing this perpetrated by Hamas in Israel and now the Israeli Defence Force through the indiscriminate bombing of north and south Gaza."
On Sunday, local residents had been warned to evacuate north Gaza and move south, but MSF had observed that there was no safe passage, and no place for people to move to, he said.

"The borders are closed, the bombing is relentless and for people facing the choice of leaving their home for a perilous journey, you can understand why leaving is not possible, particularly for the patients that MSF is trying to save.
"Hospitals cannot be emptied at short notice, and people can't survive without electricity and water."
MSF was no longer able to conduct medical activities in the north of Gaza, he said.

"Over the last 10 days we have moved our international staff to the south of Gaza, where they're looking at exiting through the Rafah border crossing if and when that opens up."
This would enable MSF to bring in new medical staff - "ones that are not exhausted" - as well as new supplies to support the immediate needs of the population of Gaza.
There were still a large number of local medical staff providing life-saving support in the hospitals but communication with them was increasingly difficult, he said.
MSF was calling for the creation of an aid corridor and protected spaces for Gazan.
"It's about providing a cessation in hostilities to allow life-saving support to come in and to give people passage to a place of safety."

Really,"Swords of iron?!" They sound like foolish little boys playing idiotic war games.
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/500524/...post-war-p
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/500524/...n-for-gaza

"Israel is vowing to wipe out Hamas in a relentless onslaught on the Gaza Strip but has no obvious endgame in sight, with no clear plan for how to govern the ravaged Palestinian enclave even if it triumphs on the battlefield.

Codenamed "Operation Swords of Iron", the military campaign will be unmatched in its ferocity and unlike anything Israel has carried out in Gaza in the past, according to eight regional and Western officials with knowledge of the conflict who declined to be named due to the sensitivity of the matter.

The immediate Israeli strategy, said three regional officials familiar with discussions between the US and Middle Eastern leaders, is to destroy Gaza's infrastructure, even at the cost of high civilian casualties, push the enclave's people towards the Egyptian border and go after Hamas by blowing up the labyrinth of underground tunnels the group has built to conduct its operations.

Arab officials are also alarmed that Israel has not set out a clear plan for the future of the enclave, ruled by Hamas since 2006 and home to 2.3 million people.

"Israel doesn't have an endgame for Gaza. Their strategy is to drop thousands of bombs, destroy everything and go in, but then what? They have no exit strategy for the day after," said one regional security source.

The "vast majority of Palestinians are not Hamas", he said. "Hamas does not represent the Palestinian people." said Biden.

Israeli officials, including Netanyahu, have said they will wipe out Hamas in retribution for the attack, the deadliest in Israel's 75-year-old history.

What will follow is less defined."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I am wondering what was Hammas' end game here?  What did they think would happen when they rained missiles down on Israel and sent armed groups to murder and kidnap Israeli citizens?

I don't condone how Gazans have been treated but if Hamas wanted to enflict suffering on the Gazan people - job well done.  It certainly won't make the Israelis want to open Gaza up.
I have the feeling that Hamas would attack there own people if they thought they could get away without being caught out, just to create a mob atmosphere.

The rocket that hit the hospital carpark and all the braying about Israel as an example?
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
None of it makes any sense. You'd think that by now given the many attacks/skirmishes over many years with many, many deaths on both stupid sides, that they might have woken up to the fact that no progress is being made.
Except in enlarging cemeteries; which if it was their aim has been well & truly achieved many times over, & in which case both sides would be deserving of congratulations from every country in the world.

Sane people might just pause & look at what's happened both in their past & this recent recurrence of primitive barbarity; take note that killing each other's children just does not appear to bring about peace for some strange reason, & decide to try something else. Perhaps even both sides working to bring about peace.

What a great pity that both sides appear to be totally insane.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Both of the religions are Old Testament based and do not have the idea of turning the other cheek, they don't seem to know what that even means, they are all "eye for and eye, tooth for a tooth".
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(21-10-2023, 03:09 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Both of the religions are Old Testament based and do not have the idea of turning the other cheek, they don't seem to know what that even means, they are all "eye for and eye, tooth for a tooth".

Indeed - so eventually, the entire world will be blind if the idiots continue down the same old path. The temptation to outlaw all religions is strong but likely it would just go underground & do even more harm. Its a great pity that so many of us seem to have a need for religion.
So what the Romans said, "kill them all and let god choose his own".
It's not the least charm of a theory that it is refutable. The hundred-times-refuted theory of "free will" owes its persistence to this charm alone; some one is always appearing who feels himself strong enough to refute it - Friedrich Nietzsche
(21-10-2023, 06:07 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(21-10-2023, 03:09 PM)zqwerty Wrote: Both of the religions are Old Testament based and do not have the idea of turning the other cheek, they don't seem to know what that even means, they are all "eye for and eye, tooth for a tooth".

Indeed - so eventually, the entire world will be blind if the idiots continue down the same old path. The temptation to outlaw all religions is strong but likely it would just go underground & do even more harm. Its a great pity that so many of us seem to have a need for religion.

Given that religions aim to separate themselves from all others, then smite the ungodly, it is hard to see how they could ever do "even more harm" since it it is also given that religious strife has resulted in more violent deaths than even politics or nationalism.
Not easily done, but they've been extremely enthusiastically practicing almost as long as water has perversely persisted in flowing downhill.

Sad                                                       Sad
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(21-10-2023, 07:05 PM)R2x1 Wrote:
(21-10-2023, 06:07 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: Indeed - so eventually, the entire world will be blind if the idiots continue down the same old path. The temptation to outlaw all religions is strong but likely it would just go underground & do even more harm. Its a great pity that so many of us seem to have a need for religion.

Given that religions aim to separate themselves from all others, then smite the ungodly, it is hard to see how they could ever do "even more harm" since it it is also given that religious strife has resulted in more violent deaths than even politics or nationalism.
Not easily done, but they've been extremely enthusiastically practicing almost as long as water has perversely persisted in flowing downhill.

Sad                                                       Sad

The older I get & the more I see of our species, the more I think dogs are right. Humans are nuts. Dodgy Rolleyes
IDF shows foreign press Hamas bodycam videos, photos of murder, torture, decapitation

"The government said it had decided to show journalists part of its collected documentation in order to dispel what a spokesperson characterized as “a Holocaust-denial-like phenomenon happening in real-time,” as doubts have been raised around the world about some of the most horrific of Hamas’s atrocities."

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-shows-...apitation/

However, on reflection, there comes a time when if your opponent doesn't respect your turning the other cheek it may be time for revenge, and eliminating the nest of vipers completely, irrespective of what moral decrepitude this may cause you to undertake, after all survival is all and fortune favours the brave, might is right in the end, history is written by the winners.
We learn nothing.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=347...7849614517
As I said before sometimes we face problems for which there are no solutions available so it seems..
(24-10-2023, 11:02 AM)zqwerty Wrote: As I said before sometimes we face problems for which there are no solutions available so it seems..

And quite often, those problems are of our own making.

I think its sickening all the lives lost over religion.
We have 3 separate Abrahamic faiths that have fought over the same so called "holy" land and yet are supposed to worship the same God.
Even in Bible times the place was full of war, nothing new to see here.
Unapologetic NZ first voter, white cis male, climate change skeptic.
(24-10-2023, 02:19 PM)Lilith7 Wrote:
(24-10-2023, 11:02 AM)zqwerty Wrote: As I said before sometimes we face problems for which there are no solutions available so it seems..

And quite often, those problems are of our own making.
Quite a few clues as to who is to blame in this video, pulled from Instagram after getting 12 million views.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1718855601923805456
(31-10-2023, 05:41 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(24-10-2023, 02:19 PM)Lilith7 Wrote: And quite often, those problems are of our own making.
Quite a few clues as to who is to blame in this video, pulled from Instagram after getting 12 million views.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1718855601923805456

We are not the nicest or most intelligent species. You'd think by now after many thousands of years, we might just have managed to work out that war is an extremely bad idea which doesn't solve problems but instead creates new ones & brings out the very worst in human nature. Angry Dodgy

Dogs are right, humans are nuts.
(21-10-2023, 06:11 PM)zqwerty Wrote: So what the Romans said, "kill them all and let god choose his own".

From the Albigensian Crusade, in the middle ages.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnaud_Amalric
I do have other cameras!
We know there is a better way to live, we do it here. The trick is to remember that fact when challenges arise, and we are tempted to go all human maniac on soneone else.
(01-11-2023, 05:24 AM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: We know there is a better way to live, we do it here. The trick is to remember that fact when challenges arise, and we are tempted to go all human maniac on soneone else.

Um...perhaps with an exception for politicians....?? Rolleyes Big Grin
God to the Jews, Numbers 33, 52-54. 'Ye shall drive out all the inhabitants before you....and ye shall dispossess the inhabitants of the land, and dwell therein...and ye shall divide the land by lot for an inheritance among your families.'
Poor Moses died in sight of the "Promised Land" but it was still too bad for the people that lived there such as Philistines and Canaanites etc. Just like today!!