Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass murder suspect found dead
The man suspected of killing 18 people & wounding 13 has been found, believed to be as a result of a self inflicted gunshot wound. This probably won't be enough to get America to change iots gun laws though.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/us-canada/...found-dead

"A man suspected of fatally shooting 18 people and wounding 13 in Maine has been found dead, authorities say.
Robert Card, who was wanted in connection with the shootings at Schemengees Bar and Grille and at Just-In-Time Recreation bowling alley in Lewiston, is believed to have died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, a law enforcement official tells The Associated Press.
Card, 40, of Bowdoin, Maine, was a US Army reservist who underwent a mental health evaluation in mid-July after he began acting erratically during training, a US official told The Associated Press
. Card had been sought since the Wednesday night shootings, and murder warrants were issued against him.
A bulletin sent to police across the country shortly after the attack said Card had been committed to a mental health facility for two weeks this past summer after “hearing voices and threats to shoot up” a military base."
A US official said Card was training with the Army Reserve’s 3rd Battalion, 304th Infantry Regiment in West Point, New York, when commanders became concerned about him."

A US official said Card was training with the Army Reserve’s 3rd Battalion, 304th Infantry Regiment in West Point, New York, when commanders became concerned about him.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The US will never repeal the second amendment ever.
They don't need to. They just need to educate around what it actually meant at the time, and how that translates into the present day.

And no, it does not mean assault weapons are okay.
(28-10-2023, 03:03 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: The US will never repeal the second amendment ever.

Unfortunately I think you're right. The US pixelate bare arses on TV but won't consider putting restrictions in place to prevent mass shootings. Their priorities are a mystery to most of the rest of the world, as are their political system, football rules and units of measurement.
(28-10-2023, 03:12 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: They don't need to. They just need to educate around what it actually meant at the time, and how that translates into the present day.

And no, it does not mean assault weapons are okay.

They don't seem all that keen on education there any more, (except for wealthy people) & perhaps their apparent inability to adapt to present day events such as mass shootings may be a result of the present day poor education.  I think too their NRA are responsible for much of their attitudes towards guns.

(28-10-2023, 05:56 PM)harm_less Wrote:
(28-10-2023, 03:03 PM)Wainuiguy Wrote: The US will never repeal the second amendment ever.

Unfortunately I think you're right. The US pixelate bare arses on TV but won't consider putting restrictions in place to prevent mass shootings. Their priorities are a mystery to most of the rest of the world, as are their political system, football rules and units of measurement.

Indeed; very strange views.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)