Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The case of the poisonous mushrooms; cook arrested.
Arrested but not charged so far.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/australia/...three-dead

"Australian homicide detectives have arrested Erin Patterson, the woman at the centre of the investigation into the poisonous mushroom meal that resulted in the death of three people in Gippsland in eastern Victoria.
A source with knowledge of the case confirmed Patterson had been arrested and taken to Wonthaggi police station for questioning on Thursday morning.
Investigators are currently searching Patterson’s Leongatha home, where the deadly family lunch took place on July 29.

A search warrant has been executed at the Gibson Street address, with assistance from the AFP’s [Australian Federal Police] technology detector dogs,” police said.

Police had previously named Patterson – the estranged wife of the Pattersons’ son, Simon – as a suspect because she cooked the meals. Patterson has strenuously denied wrongdoing and said she could not explain how the meal caused the group’s illnesses and deaths.

Leftovers of the poisonous mushroom beef Wellington were tested by police during the investigation. Forensic tests were also conducted on a food dehydrator found at a Gippsland tip.
Patterson had previously given a sworn written statement to police documenting her side of the events leading up to and on the day of the lunch.
In the statement, she claimed she had panicked and dumped the appliance after she said people started accusing her of intentionally poisoning the meal."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The whole story opens up a whole rabbit hole thats for sure, innocent until proven guilty i guess, but its certainly a very strange case if it turns out to be murder.
Indeed, its very odd - surely she couldn't have done it deliberately & expected to remain undetected which could mean it was genuinely accidental, but then only she knows.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
Could she be appointed caterer to Bellamys?
Tongue
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(03-11-2023, 05:25 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Could she be appointed caterer to Bellamys?
                                                                                  Tongue

Well...I'm sure there'd be no shortage of people willing to approach her & ask... Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
Perhaps on a 90 day "peanut-wages" trial basis?

Should be time enough to clear a few tables.

Tongue Cool Angel Bigsmile Bigsmile
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(04-11-2023, 04:10 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Perhaps on a 90 day "peanut-wages" trial basis?

Should be time enough to clear a few tables.

Tongue Cool Angel Bigsmile Bigsmile

Can we start with the right wing parties, just in case of any tedious delays....? Rolleyes Angel
^^  I see a bit of a problem with that mob as crash-test dummies. It might require extensive testing to determine if they are really dead or just brain dead. 
A bit of Rigor Dexter might be an excellent thing though, and merit urgency.

Clapping Dance
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(05-11-2023, 07:28 AM)R2x1 Wrote: ^^  I see a bit of a problem with that mob as crash-test dummies. It might require extensive testing to determine if they are really dead or just brain dead. 
A bit of Rigor Dexter might be an excellent thing though, and merit urgency.

Clapping Dance

Big Grin Big Grin