Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China wants to develop humanoid robots
Hmm, humanoid robots to do all the work. What could possibly go wrong... Rolleyes Big Grin

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202311/1301137.shtml

"China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology issued a guidance opinion on Thursday to promote the nation's innovative development of humanoid robots, setting key goals to be achieved by 2025 and 2027.

By 2025, China aims to establish an initial humanoid robot innovation system, achieving breakthroughs in crucial components such as "brains, cerebellum, and limbs," while ensuring a safe and efficient supply of core components. The production level for these robots is expected to reach an advanced international standard, with mass production occurring. These robots are anticipated to demonstrate their effectiveness across various fields, from manufacturing to livelihood services.

The 2025 goal also includes the cultivation of two to three globally influential ecological enterprises, along with several specialized small and medium-sized enterprises.

By 2027, the technological innovation capability of humanoid robots is slated to significantly improve, forming a safe and reliable industry supply chain with globally leading comprehensive strength and internationally competitive ecology. The industry will expedite large-scale development with a wider array of application scenarios, with related products deeply integrated into the real economy, becoming an essential new engine of economic growth.

The guidance outlines five key tasks aimed at industrial development, including achieving critical technological breakthroughs, nurturing important products, expanding application scenarios, creating industrial ecology, and bolstering support capacity.

The innovative potential of humanoid robots is poised to further stimulate economic development. With support from the nation's technology and policy efforts, humanoid robots can find applications in industries like healthcare, family services, and more. It's projected that by 2030, China's market scale for humanoid robots will reach 870 billion yuan, as reported by the Xinhua News Agency."
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The first job for lobot batch number one will be to staff the unemployment office.

Robots not achieving the Central Committee's goals will get shocking changes to their power supplies and no cups of digital T.

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
I can't wait for a robot to take over my job...but I expect it's pretty hard to make a stupid robot.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
Maybe you should look for an Ibiot?
There's probably a few spares left over from the Apple Maps founding team.

Tongue
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
Don't know how reliable the Chinese robots will be. They have a long way to catch up with the likes of Boston dynamics, Hanson robotics and now even tesla which has made quite a significant amount of progress in a short space of time.
If I can have a robot here doing all the cooking and housework, I won't be complaining!
(07-11-2023, 07:59 AM)nzoomed Wrote: . . .
If I can have a robot here doing all the cooking and housework, I won't be complaining!

Ahah, it's been done already. it isn't called a Robot though; it is referred to as a Gadget. You screw it on the bed and it does the housework. Note, these Gadgets are not yet perfected, they are infinitely more difficult to steer than a Robot, in fact, nobody has consistently managed it yet. The control loop invariably resets to excessive negative feed back
Good luck with your quest.

Wink
Entropy is not what
it used to be.
(06-11-2023, 07:42 PM)R2x1 Wrote: Maybe you should look for an Ibiot?
There's probably a few spares left over from the Apple Maps founding team.

Tongue

I strongly suspect that Ibiots are already among us, in every country, cleverly disguised as politicians... Big Grin Big Grin Rolleyes
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)