Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fireworks
They are so bloody expensive now I'm surprised so many people have bought them.
Last 2 nights have been pretty loud on my street.
I ended up getting a bunch myself on the 5th when a local retailer had to clear out the remaining stock at a heavily discounted price.
Pretty noisy here on Sunday but they all stopped about 10:30. Cat was very on edge all night. Every time he started to relax another lot would start up. Next weekend is the "big" one - public display only a few hundred metres away and that is invariably followed by people doing their own thing late into the night.
They were at it again last night here but thankfully not for long. I wish they'd just ban the damn things & have public dispalys.
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
It's not like it was back in the 90s when you would hear skyrockets landing on your roof all night for the best part of 2 weeks that they were on sale.
I miss the old days when we used to go to the warehouse and come back with bags of skyrockets.
These days with the reduced sale period and higher prices along with age restrictions has helped alot. It was really getting out of hand in the early 2000s with kids fooling around with them.
I typically buy a handful each year and save them for new years on the beach.
I find more people use them over new years these days than guy fawkes.
As a kid I was in Auck hospital getting a reverse appendix graft. Another kid about 12 was also there, he had a pocket full of fireworks at a school bonfire when some smart alec kid popped a cracker in his pocket. He still had a pretty impressive crater in his leg that was slowly growing back with several dressing changes daily. That was in April, and they thought he would be there a month or two before he was allowed any brief home visits. I lost a lot of enthusiasm for fireworks about then.
Entropy is not what
it used to be.