Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nude Gardening Day.
So did you ?

I was transplanting some tomatoes and onions...looked around, and thought, ''Why not ?''  So I stripped off, planted my veges, watered them, and then sat down and had a cold beer in the sun. No spectators fortunately. A yearly event apparently, but I might do it more often now.
In and out of jobs, running free
Waging war with society
(22-10-2022, 04:13 PM)Zurdo Wrote: So did you ?

I was transplanting some tomatoes and onions...looked around, and thought, ''Why not ?''  So I stripped off, planted my veges, watered them, and then sat down and had a cold beer in the sun. No spectators fortunately. A yearly event apparently, but I might do it more often now.

Lol, when I woke this morning I reached up to my face to flick my untidy hair away and in doing so lightly scratched my forehead, discovering in the process I caught a bit of sun by sitting with my coffee out there in the courtyard yesterday afternoon. Having had the 'interesting' aftermath of an experience as a young and foolish woman, of sunbathing topless I will not be baring sunfree acreages to the uv blessings of our heavenly star. 

Mind you, when work started on the house nextdoor and someone suggested they might be going up a storey, I did respond by pointing out my strategy for fending off any nosy lookylous involved old lady nakedness at inappropriate hours of the day - me being a fan of the no curtains interior design trend...

Good luck to you, though I do recommend an spf 50...
I spent my childhood doing burn and peel, burn and peel...and have hardly been in the sun since. I don't have enough sunscreen for a full body dose, it's normally just nose, ears and neck...and I wear a wide brim hat when outside. But hey, it was Nude Gardening Day, there must've been dozens over the whole country doing it.
Waging war with society
(22-10-2022, 04:13 PM)Zurdo Wrote: So did you ?

But I have really nice neighbours - I wouldn't want them to move away.
Y'know, after the screaming & running for the hills. Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
I'm ok with that, but it's embarrassing when they laugh too loud, and invite their friends over to join in the fun.
Waging war with society
(24-10-2022, 08:56 PM)Zurdo Wrote: I'm ok with that, but it's embarrassing when they laugh too loud, and invite their friends over to join in the fun.

Rolleyes Big Grin Big Grin
in order to be old & wise, you must first be young & stupid. (I'm still working on that.)
The poor girl next door did the naked gardening bit.

Despite the high cost of living it remains popular
if you are young and gorgeous perhaps
To many negatives. Skin cancer, no protection from heat or cold - or prickly plants. Scare the neighbours, terrify small children.
It's just silly.
(20-10-2023, 02:23 PM)piroska Wrote: if you are young and gorgeous perhaps
To many negatives. Skin cancer, no protection from heat or cold - or prickly plants. Scare the neighbours, terrify small children.
It's just silly.
None of those worry me.... it's definitely the fear of being laughed at! Tongue
Corgi Wan Kenobi is watching you!
If that bloody dog keeps barking I may just reconsider my decision to be a well behaved neighbour.
(20-10-2023, 04:01 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: If that bloody dog keeps barking I may just reconsider my decision to be a well behaved neighbour.

Its not one of those awful little yappy dogs is it? I really dislike those dogs, we have one across the road, never seen it but hear it often especially when Madame Le Dog & I go near its fence on our walk.
I really only hate one type of dog & that's a Chihuahua; ghastly little yappers & oten vicious with it too.
Blond border collie, living on an over developed tiny city property, with minimal stimulation. Gorgeous gorgeous dog, going slowly out of its intelligent mind with boredom...
(20-10-2023, 08:55 PM)Oh_hunnihunni Wrote: Blond border collie, living on an over developed tiny city property, with minimal stimulation. Gorgeous gorgeous dog, going slowly out of its intelligent mind with boredom...

Poor thing - does it not get a walk every day?